Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Summer TBR


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is my Summer TBR.  I love making these lists though I'm not always the best about following them!


1.  The Summer Skies by Jenny Colgan - I love Jenny Colgan's books and this one just sounds wonderful and like the perfect summer read.

2.  Whispers at Dusk by Heather Graham - When it gets hot and humid it just seems like the time for romantic suspense and I love Heather Graham's romantic suspense books are my favorite.

3.  Catch Me If You Candy by Ellie Alexander - This is one of my favorite cozy mysteries and I'm looking forward to catching up with my friends in Ashland.

4.  Birder, She Wrote by Donna Andrews - This is another favorite cozy series and it never fails to entertain.  

5.  A Bakery in Paris by Aimie K. Runyan - How can I resist that title?  I'm really looking forward to this one!


6.  The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan - This book about the Biltmore has been on my shelf for far too long and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

7.  Assault and Pepper by Leslie Budewitz - This series has been on my TBR for ages and I can't wait to start this one.

8.  Enter a Murder by Ngaio Marsh - This is next on my classic mystery list and I really want to read more from Ngaio Marsh.

9.  The Life and Times of Hercule Poirot by Anne Hart - I read Hart's book on Miss Marple last year and really enjoyed it so I want to read this one.

10. Thale's Folly by Dorothy Gilman - I have been reading Gilman's Mrs. Pollifax books and loving them and I'm really looking forward to trying some of her stand alone title.

What are you hoping to read this summer?

12 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've read anything by Jenny Colgan. I'll have to check out this latest by her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those autors are new to me so I want to check the books out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time today that I see The Summer Skies. Guess I will have to take a closer look at it.

    The Life and Time of Hercule Poirot is definitely something that I will read as well!

    Guess what?? I am busy with my first Mrs. Pollifax! The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax and I LOVE it. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ngaio Marsh, as you know! That said, Enter a Murderer isn't one of my favorites, so don't be discouraged if you don't love it. I did enjoy Dorothy Gilman's Thale's Folly, though not as much as A Nun in the Closet. By the way, Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish is on sale for $1.99 today (Kindle), if you don't have that one already.

    I need to add the Miss Marple and Poirot biographies to my TBR list. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only one I've read is the Dorothy Gillman one. And I don't remember it as it has been about 30 years ago.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see my first Spice Shop mystery on your list. I hope you enjoy the trip to Seattle with me -- on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of The Summer Skies! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great summer list. I hope you get to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss a book with a title like A Bakery in Paris?! Must look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cozy titles make me smile :) I love Alexander's Sloan Kraus series, but I haven't read the bakery one. I need to. I hope you enjoy all these!

    Happy TTT (on a Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cousin used to be a volunteer and tour guide at the Biltmore Estate, but I never got down there while she was volunteering. I would still love to go and visit. ☺

    ReplyDelete