Saturday, June 10, 2023

Reading Recap - May 2023


Monthly Total: 

Monthly Breakdown: 22

Print: 5
Ebook: 7
Audio: 10

Mystery:  16 
Fiction:  4
Nonfiction: 1 
Romance: 1

Favorite Book of the Month:


A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff - I knew nothing about this book involving the owner of a vintage fashion shop and I absolutely loved this one.

Identity by Nora Roberts - This one creeped me out a bit and also kept me hooked.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:

The Body in the Wetlands by Judi Lynn - This wasn't bad but it also didn't really grab me and there were a few aspects in the story that had me rolling my eyes.


Where My Reading Took Me in May:


U.S. Travel:

I visited Indiana and Connecticut for the first time for the first time this year
 
I also had some revisits to Georgia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, California, New York, Washington, Maryland, and Vermont

International Travel;

Internationally I visited Scotland, Italy, England (a few times), and took a cruise to Havana, Cuba and back. 

Where did your reading take you in May?

12 comments:

  1. Wait to you read Atlas, you'll travel heaps!! Great month, you get through so many audiobooks. Don't know how you do it. I really haven't heard of A Vintage Affair so that's interesting that was your fave. Yeah Identity was a creepy from the point of view of the baddie. Ghastly guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May was a great reading month for you! Hope June is shaping up to be a good one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's an interesting question! Let me see.... I went to London, Maine and then just about everywhere with Atlas, The Story of Pa Salt. How far are you with the series??

    Hope you are well Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 books in a month is fantastic! My reading has really slipped in the past few months.

    I love how you keep track of the locations (settings) of the books you read. Let me see... I've been to Corfu, Capri, Ireland, several locations in Great Britain, Lake Tahoe (not sure if California or Nevada side), and Arizona, as well as several mythological Norse planes and the fictional world of Velgarth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very good number of reads. I see that you are getting almost half audio as I do to up my reading while doing chores.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a fantastic month. I loved identity too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a fantastic month of reading and I love how many places you traveled through your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had an awesome reading month! I’m very impressed with the 10 audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great month. I enjoyed Identity too. It was a bit creepy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd call this an exceptional month of reading. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to China, Japan, and Taiwan. 🎏

    ReplyDelete