Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday Fives - Five Books I'd Read on the Beach


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This month I am virtually at the beach.  We aren't going to the beach this year and honestly I prefer going in the fall when it's not quite so hot but with a virtual vacation the weather and the crowd level is just like I like it!  And I can sit in my imaginary beach chair and read the day away like I always imagine I will.  And in this little dream world I can read 5 books in a day.


1.  The Unseen by Heather Graham - A ghostly bit of creepy romantic suspense seems like the perfect start to a day of reading on the beach.


2.  Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis - After the suspenseful ghosty book I'm going to go for a romance and this one involves a boat tour captain which sounds fun.


3.  Peaches and Scream by Susan Furlong - Of course I have to read a cozy mystery!  And this I can read why drinking a nice icey glass of peach tea or the Country Peach juice from Trader Joe's that's my current favorite.  


4.  Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax - This looks gloriously beachy for some end of the day beach reading!


5.  The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton - At this point I'm probably back in the room from the beach and all nice and clean (is there any better feeling after a day in the sun?)! Since I'll probably be ready for a break from beach-y reads I think a nice cozy set in a bookstore in Scotland sounds like the perfect antidote.

What books would you read on your imaginary beach trip?

8 comments:

  1. I've read all these authors except Wendy Wax.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a virtual beach is better than the real thing what with all the crowds, sand, sunburn, etc. I definitely get that! These all look like fun reads for your imaginary beach vacay. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything by Shalvis would make for a good beach read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember ever seeing any of these books. They all have great covers! I'll check to see what they're about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read all of these except the Heather Graham book (which looks good). These books make for perfect beach reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you broke down your day at the beach with particular books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you look to your left, you will see me under an umbrella reading books on the beach as well. I grew up close to the shore and spent my days there. Now I am landlocked and hate it. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read magazines on the beach. 😊

    ReplyDelete