Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday Fives - Five Cookbooks I Want to Explore


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Cooking has been one of my favorite things for years but for the last half of 2019 and most of 2020 I pretty much got out of the habit.  Between living out of a hotel and then an unexpected move and having a kitchen with limited supplies I just didn't do much.  Will has always been a picky eater and throw in chemo taste buds and food has been a challenge.  He's still not eating a wide selection but things have leveled out a bit and I'm wanting to get back into cooking.  Here are 5 cookbooks I'm planning on picking up at the library for inspiration.


1.  At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking by Nigella Lawson - I love Nigella's attitude towards food and it's been ages since I've picked up one of her cookbooks.


2.  Dinner Made Easy With Six Sisters' Stuff: Time Saving Recipes for Busy Moms - This is one of my favorite food blogs so I have high hopes for finding some new favorite meals.  Plus easy and quick meals sound perfect for most days!


3.  United Cakes of America: Recipes Celebrating Every State by Warren Brown - This one just sounds fun and I love to bake so it'll be entertaining to look through and see which cake represents each state.


4.  Dinner Illustrated: 175 Meals in 1 Hour or Less from The Editors of America's Test Kitchen - American's Test Kitchen is pretty reliable and I like the one hour or less so I'm hoping to find some good weekday options.



5.  It's Not Complicated: Simple Recipes for Every Day by Katie Lee - I tried a lot of Katie Lee's recipes years ago and always liked them and would love to check out her newest cookbook.

What are some of your favorite cookbooks or food blogs?  Have you discovered any new ones lately?

12 comments:

  1. I am not a cookbook fan but these all look so good, and promise to have some doable recipes. Hope you are back to your cooking hobby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of Six Sisters recipes saved to my recipe app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big Six Sisters' Stuff fan as well. I work with their publisher, so I've got most of their cookbooks. I love that they feature normal ingredients and simple instructions. With only one exception, everything I've cooked from their recipes has turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check these out. I love cookbooks! I had 600 which I pared down to 150 when I moved from MN to NC. Mine are older. I also have all the Bon Appetit magazines from 1983 to 2010. I like the Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking and have some favorites from it. They are time-consuming but delicious. I also like the Julie Russo and Sheila Lucas Silver Palate books. I have Betty Crocker, Pillsbury cookbook, Joy of Cooking which are all old standards. Now I'm looking at things like Primal Gourmet and Whole 30 ones.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love watching Nigella's show. Six Sisters cookbooks are fun too. I follow them on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many delicious books! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do much cooking, but these do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not familiar with Katie Lee. I will have to check her out. 🍽

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check the Nigella book out of the library first is my suggestion. It’s not like her others and believe me, I’m a big fan of Nigella.
    The Cooks Illustrated cookbooks are always amazing & I’d love to check that one out. Same with the six sisters books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nigella's cooking shows were great! Everything was so elegant, even the simple stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fun. I hope you have many delicious meals from these cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I don't buy cookbooks anymore. I use Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete