Saturday, February 6, 2021

January 2021 Reading Recap

 


Number of Books Read This Month: 16

Bookish Breakdown: 

Audio: 5

Print:  8

Kindle:  3

Mystery:  10

Fiction:  6

Rereads:  3

Backlog Books: 7

My Favorite Book of the Month:

The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - Words cannot express how much I enjoy this series!


The Last Garden in England by Julia Kelly - I loved all three timelines in this story and the only downside is this garden doesn't actually exist.  I would love to visit it.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:

How Right You Are, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse - I actually did enjoy this but I prefer the stories where Jeeves is more of a central character as my favorite part is how Jeeves and Bertie play off each other.  Since Jeeves is on vacation for most of this book I was missing this aspect.

Books I'm Still Reading:  None!  I finished all the books I was reading on January 31 and held off starting new ones until February 1st.

Goals For Next Month:  To try and get in a little more reading time and a little less flipping mindlessly on my phone time.  I also would like to read a nonfiction book and to continue focusing on finishing up series. 

How was your January?

14 comments:

  1. It looks like an exceptionally good month. I wonder what you will read next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goal! Honestly, putting down the phone should be my goal too. I hope you’re having a good February!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome number! I've skimped in with only half of that and February might be half of that number. Or even maybe half of 4... Bit busy here at the moment. I haven't read all the P.G Wodehouse books, but even his non-Bertie and Jeeves ones are worth it. Did you read it or listened on audio? I have to say, Stephen Fry sure does his work justice!

    The Elusive Mrs Polifax is high on my TBR list and I really, really hope to get to it soon.

    Hope you and Will are good!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done some good reading! I forget hos much I like Mr Jeeves and need to reread some of the Wodehouse books.

    Hope you are doiing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great month! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great month and so many from the backlog which is really impressive. Like the sound of the garden one. Funny how we often want to visit places we read about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully we can both get motivated to read more this coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve not read Jeeves for years but it is such a lovely read, I used to love watching the tv show too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You read an amazing amount of books, Katherine. At least compared to me. :-) I hope February will be an even better reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 16 books, what a great start to the reading year! I have The Last Garden in England on my wishlist so lovely to hear praise from you about it. Good luck with your goals for Feb & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great month of reading. I deleted a few apps from my phone that I tended to waste time with and it made a huge difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go, girl! 👏👏👏✨

    I intended to read a couple of the Jeeves books last year and didn't get around to it, but I hope to read at least one this year. Everyone seems to love them. 📚

    ReplyDelete