Thursday, February 25, 2021

Books from the Backlog - Bran New Death


Today I'm linking up with Carole from 
Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  Bran New Death by Victoria Hamilton

Blurb:  Expert muffin baker Merry Wynter is finally ready to turn her passion into a career. But when a dead body is found on her property, she’s more worried about cooking up an alibi… Merry is making a fresh start in small-town Autumn Vale, New York, in the mansion she’s inherited from her late uncle, Melvin. The house is run-down and someone has been digging giant holes on the grounds, but with its restaurant-quality kitchen, the place has potential for her new baking business. She even has her first client—the local retirement home. Unfortunately, Merry soon finds that quite a few townsfolk didn’t like Uncle Mel, and she has inherited their enmity as well as his home. Local baker Binny Turner and her crazy brother, Tom, blame Melvin for their father’s death, and Tom may be the one vandalizing her land. But when Tom turns up dead in one of the holes in her yard, Merry needs to prove she had nothing to do with his death—or her new muffin-making career may crumble before it starts...

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I have so many books by this author but don't think I have read any of them!  I need to find out if I like her books or not.


6 comments:

  1. I’ve got a few authors too that I seem to collect but I’ve never read their books either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... I know that feeling! You suddenly realise you have a bunch of books from an author you haven't read - and you're not quite sure how it happened... I hope you do get a chance to sample her writing and find that you like it, as the premise sounds like quite a lot of whodunit fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read and enjoyed this author. This sounds really good so I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thats a very good reason to try her out and I hope she hooks you in with all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you bake muffins a lot? I read a good tip that I need to try; it supposedly helps with the rise of the muffins. Mine usually will puff up and then go down after coming out of the oven. The tip is to not fill your muffin pan up, meaning all 12 slots and instead every other. I'm going to have to try this tip.

    ReplyDelete