Thursday, September 10, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Dangling by a Thread

 

Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!



Goodreads:  Danging by a Thread (A Mainely Needlepointers Mystery #4) by Lea Waite

Blurb: Hermit Jesse Lockhart lives alone on King’s Island, three miles east of Haven Harbor, Maine, where he’s created a private sanctuary for the endangered Great Cormorants. But when a wealthy family wants to buy the island and Jesse’s cousin Simon petitions for power of attorney to force him to sell, Jesse is the one who becomes endangered.
Mainely Needlepointer Dave Perry, who befriended Jesse in the VA hospital, rallies the group to his defense. Angie Curtis and the ravelers stitch “Save the King’s Island Cormorants” pillows and sell T-shirts to pay for Jesse’s legal counsel. But tragically, on a visit to the island, Angie and Dave find Jesse dead. Now the search is on for a common thread that can tie the murdered man to his killer . . .

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf - I absolutely adored the first three mysteries in this series but for some reason didn't get to this one which of course means I haven't read the rest of this series.  

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes all those shiny new books coming out can distract us from series we were enjoying, and then it gets hard to go back to that series without re-reading the first few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this one, and it has a beautiful cover, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read the first in this series, but I really want to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get the chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read all but the last one in the series. I keep holding off cause once I read it then it's over! I am still sad that this author past away last year and so no more Mainely Needlepoint mysteries. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good one and the fact that you enjoyed the first few books in the series is a positive sign. I do hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very good reason to read it - so that the series can be read! Work ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be craving cozies lately. This sounds like a cute series--not to mention a cute cover. :-) I hope you enjoy this when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of this installment! I have to try this series.

    ReplyDelete