Friday, October 25, 2019

Friday Fives - Favorite Halloween Candy

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. Since this is the Friday before Halloween my mind has strayed to Halloween candy - specifically what I'm looking forward to swiping from my not-so little one's trick or treat bags!


1.  Almond Joys - Almond Joys are my absolute favorite and luckily I'm the only one in my house that likes them so I don't get much of a fight when these show up in a trick or treat bag.

2.  Reese's Pumpkins - I'm perfectly happy to leave the regular Reese's cups to the others but I will sneak these out of the bag when no one is looking and hide them so that they're just for me.

3.  Hershey Bars - It's not the most exciting of candies but I do love just a plain old bar of milk chocolate!


4.  100 Grand Bars - I only see these at Halloween and I love the combination of crispies and caramel and chocolate!  They definitely end up in my pile when we are dividing candy.

5.  Any kind of sour or sugared gummies - If there are peach rings or orange slices or any kind of sour gummy I always make a grab for them.  I can be fair when it comes to gummy bears but I will fight to the death over a peach ring.

What are your favorite Halloween candies? 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had a 100 Grand Bar in ages! Wow. And I agree- just a plain old Hershey bar is the bomb. I like Krackle's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your bars and sweets are quite different to ours in terms of names and packaging. My fave is dark chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chocolate candy with nuts in them! When I was a kid, I loved Bottle Caps and those waxy liquid candies you'd chew on to get the juice out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A plain old Hershey bar is one of my top faves, too! 🍫

    ReplyDelete