Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Summer TBR

Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  This week is about Summer TBRs.  Now I'm not fantastic about actually reading all the books on my TBR but I like to pretend that it can happen.


1.  The Summoning by Heather Graham - I preordered this one but have I read it yet?  Nope.  Graham makes for perfect summer reading and I'm looking forward to relaxing with this one.

2.  Layover by David Bell - I read a book by Bell last year which I really enjoyed and this one appealed to me.  Plus, I won't be traveling for the next few months so this will hopefully help me keep the travel bug at bay!

3.  The Duke is But a Dream by Anna Bennett - My historical romance reading has taken a hit lately so I want to mix one or two in.  This looks fun and is by an author I've been wanting to read for awhile.

4.  Terns of Endearment by Donna Andrews - I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two books in the this series so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

5.  The Long Call by Ann Cleeves - I've been wanting to read Cleeves for awhile and this is the first in a new series so it seems like a good place to start.


6.  Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews - This is an older one but has been sitting on my desk giving me some serious side eye for a month or two now.  I had planned this as kind of a pre-summer read but I think now we're going to go with a middle of summer read.

7.  Mrs. McGinty's Dead by Agatha Christie - Because this is the next one up in my read all of Agatha Christie's books in chronological order project.

8.  Suddenly One Summer by Julie James - Summer is in the title and romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres when it's super hot outside.  I need something that catches my attention and pulls me in and makes me forget about the heat!

9.  One in a Million Boy by Monica Wood - I've had this on my list since it came out even though the blurb concerns me.  I normally avoid any book where a child dies but I've seen so many positive reviews that I decided to risk it.

10.  The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley - I read the first one last year and enjoyed it though it felt a bit long so I thought I'd try the audio for book 2 and it seems like it'd be a good summer listen.

What do you want to read this summer?

11 comments:

  1. I've only read No. 7 but am going to check out the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good picks here, Katherine! I like Mrs. McGinty's Dead, though it isn't one of my very favorite Christie books. Looking forward to Ann Cleeves new series and I think I've read one or two books by David Bell. This new one sounds interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these but several sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good. I enjoyed the Summoning and hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. One in a Million Boy - loved it. And I am up to date with the Sisters books by Lucinda Riley, they can't be read all in one chunk, too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, but several of them are on my TBR mountain chain. I'll get to them someday!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had One in a Million Boy on my TBR forever, too, so I'll be looking out for what you think. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple on your list I need to read too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read Ann Cleeves too ever since I discovered that the show Shetland was based on her books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know actually. I like to choose the next book based upon my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a ton of things to read this summer to catch up with challenges. My summer Reading List is helping me focus on getting stuff gone so progress is good!

    ReplyDelete