Thursday, September 24, 2026

Recipe Thursday - The Best Chicken Marinade


One of my goals for 2026 is to sort through all the recipes I have laying around tucked into folders and notebooks as well as my gigantic Pinterest/food blog collection that hasn't been touched in years.  I've been having quite a good time with it.  I enjoy cooking but it can become a chore pretty easily and this has made it a lot more fun for me as I feel like I'm working on a project.   Around here we've taken to calling it Recipe Thunderdome as all recipes have to be auditioned before earning their place in the final recipe binder. 

*For context I'm a reasonably capable home cook but one who is often trying to multitask and who is pretty much completely self-taught. *

Today I'm Sharing: The BEST Chicken Marinade for Grilling from Valentina's Corner

Changes: None!  At least none in terms of marinade preparation. My husband is in charge of grilling so he may not have followed her grilling instructions.

Thoughts on the Recipe:  I was a little concerned with how little liquid there is in the recipe and the fact that there's no acid but it came together really well and coated the chicken nicely.

Cook Time:  Marinade took 2 minutes to put together and then I marinated the chicken for close to 2 hours.  

Served With: Macaroni and cheese and baked beans

Results:  Delicious!  This may be my favorite marinade yet and will definitely be one we reuse.  I think it would be good on just about any meat.

Verdict: Survived!  Straight to the keeper binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment