Friday, September 22, 2023

Friday Fives - Five Bookish Nonfiction on my TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.   This month I've been focusing on bookish books so here are five bookish nonfiction books that are on my TBR.


1.  Bibliophile: An Illustrated Miscellany by Jane Mount - This looks like a such a fun flip through book all about books.


2.  Once Upon a Tome:  The Misadventures of a Rare Bookseller by Oliver Darkshire - How can I not want to read a memoir but a used bookseller (and in a bookstore that seems to have a resident ghost no less).


3.  A Bookshop in Berlin: The Rediscovered Memoir of One Woman's Harrowing Escape from the Nazis by Francoise Frenkel -  This sounds fascinating and heartbreaking.


4.  A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and Things That Really Matter by William Deresiewicz - A memoir told through the lens of Jane Austen's novels.


5.  Praying with Jane Eyre; Reflections of Reading as a Sacred Practice by Vanessa Zoltan - This one looks intriguing and I like the concept of the book.  

What bookish nonfiction is on your TBR?

4 comments:

  1. All very interesting, I especially like the Jane Austen and Jane Eyre concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought A Jane Austen Education was really fun. I liked that one. And I've got Once Upon a Tome on my own TBR list. :D Happy reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books about books and authors are always appealing. I hope you enjoy these, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you read Once Upon a Tome. It sounds interesting and I'm interested in what you would think. ☺

    The Jane Eyre book is definitely intriguing to me! 📘

    ReplyDelete