Saturday, September 9, 2023

Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt - Fiction Review

Goodreads: Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt by Lucinda Riley and Harry Whittaker

Rating:  Loved It (5 Stars)
Source:   Purchased

Description:  1928, Paris

A boy is found, moments from death, and taken in by a kindly family. Gentle, precocious, talented, he flourishes in his new home, and the family show him a life he hadn’t dreamed possible. But he refuses to speak a word about who is really is.

As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has vowed to keep. But across Europe an evil is rising, and no-one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come where he must flee once more.

2008, the Aegean

The seven sisters are gathered together for the first time, on board the Titan to say a final goodbye to the enigmatic father they loved so dearly.

To the surprise of everyone, it is the missing sister who Pa Salt has chosen to entrust with the clue to their pasts. But for every truth revealed, another question emerges. The sisters must confront the idea that their adored father was someone they barely knew. And even more shockingly: that these long-buried secrets may still have consequences for them today.
Spanning a lifetime of love and loss, crossing borders and oceans, Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt draws the Seven Sisters series to its stunning, unforgettable conclusion.

Genre:  Fiction

Why I Picked This Book:   I have enjoyed all the other books about the sisters and couldn't wait to read the final story.

My Impression:   Over the last couple of years I've read the story of the Seven sisters and their fascinating stories.  There were a number of series wise mysteries such as why did Pa Salt pick these specific girls, why was the missing sister missing and was Pa really dead?  This is the book that answers all those questions.

I don't want to say too much because I went in fairly blind and it ended up being a lovely surprise.  I will say that all the questions that I had going in were answered and I was absolutely satisfied with those answers.  

I was worried that I wouldn't remember enough about the previous books to understand everything that was happening in this book but it was definitely a non-issue.  I loved seeing all the sisters together and hearing this last bit of their story.  

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series from beginning to end and this was a fantastic and satifsying ending.  I did the audio route and it was wonderful and really I highly recommend going that route for the whole series.  Every narrator for every book did a superb job.  

Would I Read More of this Series/Author? Yes!  I'd love to read more books by her now that I've finished the Seven Sisters series.

Would I Recommend this Book?  Definitely!  If you have read and enjoyed the previous books I would really recommend this one!  I would recommend this series to readers who enjoy historical fiction and don't mind stretching belief a bit.  

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sadly haven't read any of the books in this series, though they've always sounded good. But that's what happens when your TBR list is too long...which mine is. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lark! Maybe I'll start the series when I get through my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it so good, her son did her proud. And I agree that the series on audio was fantastic. Actually after listening to this one I felt like I wanted to listen to them all over again and must do at some point.

    ReplyDelete