Friday, September 1, 2023

Friday Fives - September TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since this is the first Friday in September I'm picking out 5 books I'm looking forward to reading.


1.  Now You See It by Carol J Perry - I'm so looking forward to reading this next book in the Witch City Mystery series!  I love the characters and have really enjoyed this series.  


2.  Murder in the Manuscript Room by Con Lehane - This is my overdue review book for the month and it fits perfectly with my bookish September theme.  I'm looking forward to reading it.


3. The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper - This has been on my library list for ages and since it's bookish adjacent I decided to give it a try this month.  The reviews seem to be heavily mixed so I'm going in with permission to DNF it if it isn't working for me.  


4.  A Shilling for Candles by Jospehine Tey - My Josephine Tey reading has not been super successful.  I enjoyed one book, was kind of meh on another and flat out didn't like the third book.  This one sounds really interesting so I'm hoping this will be one I enjoy.  If not I think I might be done with Tey.


5.  Color Me Murder by Krista Davis - This mystery series about a coloring book creator and bookstore owner has been on my TBR for ages and this seems like the time to read it!

What are you hoping to read in September?

4 comments:

  1. Now You See It and Color Me Murder look like two fun reads. And I really enjoyed the first Con Lehane book. I need to catch up in that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Other Alcott seems like it could be interesting but permission to DNF it for yourself makes sense if you aren't liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Other Alcott sounds intriguing. I'll be looking for your review. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really have to read the Krista Davis series. It's been on my TBR too.

    ReplyDelete