Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Books I'm Wanting to Buy Right Now

 

I'm trying not to do too much book shopping lately because I do want to read more off my own shelves.  That said there are a bunch of books that are currently calling to me that are getting hard to resist.  Fingers crossed my library has them because otherwise I'm not sure I can resist a book haul!


1.  Fresh Water for Flowers by Valerie Perrin - My friend Tina reviewed this one recently and it sounds absolutely wonderful - like a book to savor.

2.  These Fleeting Shadows by Kate Alice Marshall - This one looks a bit creepy and I do love an inherited old house.

3. The Last Heir to Blackwood Library by Hester Fox - This one has an absolutely beautiful cover and the premise definitely caught my eye.

4.  Between Two Strangers by Kate White - I've been wanting to read one of Kate White's books for awhile and this one really caught my eye.

5.  Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen - This is one of my favorite authors and somehow I completely missed it when it came out.


6.  The Tiffany Girls by Shelley Noble - I absolutely adore the cover and I've really enjoyed other books by this author.

7.  Just Another Missing Person by Gillian McAllister - Apparently I'm in a bit of a thriller mood and this one really appeals to me.

8.  Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan - I've heard such good things about this book and it will be a nice lighter read to mix in with the thriller.

9.  The Big Steal by Emyl Jenkins - I was looking for mysteries involving antiques and this one was suggested.  I've never heard of it before but am curious.

10. Strange Journey by Maud Cairnes - A YouTuber I follow who focuses on classic mysteries and fiction recommend this one and I really want to try it.  

What books have you been wanting to buy?  Have you read any of these?

5 comments:

  1. Any book with an inherited old house is appealing to me as well! It's even better if the house is in Itlay, Ireland or Northern England. I hope you like the Valerie Perrin book. It's not fast paced but there are so many revelations that unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Nora Goes Off Script! It's one that I wish I owned because I'd love to read it again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. All new to me except Nora Goes off Script which I enjoyed. Yes I look for my books at the library first and then buy if I really need it quick!! Or to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did buy Fresh Water for Flowers and had hoped to read it over the summer, but just didn't get to it. Hopefully this fall... Nora Goes Off Script is on my radar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added Fresh Water for Flowers to Goodreads. ☺

    ReplyDelete