I saw this Reader Problems Book Tag on Quinn's Book Nook and just couldn't resist it!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I'm not much of a mood reader but I'm a big list person. I typically rely on publication dates for choosing a book but if I get a free spot I refer to my lists. I typically make a few lists of books I want to read during the year or next books in a series and go from that. Occasionally a mood read book will sneak in but not very often.
2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I'm not good at DNFing though I've been trying to get better at it for non-review books. For a review book I'll keep going (though there may be some skimming) but the last couple of non-review books I did manage to set aside and walk away!
3. The end of the year is coming and your behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up and if so how?
The only challenge that I really keep up with is the Goodreads Challenge. I've been known to finish a book at 11:55PM on New Year's Eve to make that goal! I love all the other challenges out there but I'm not great about keeping up with them.
4. The cover of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
This doesn't really bother me. If given the option I'll probably buy the one that matches but if I can't find one or the other cover is much cheaper I'll go with that. Probably leftover from mostly going to used bookstores for years.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I hate it when this happens though thankfully it doesn't happen very often! Usually I complain to my husband. We don't really have the same reading taste but he's usually pretty sympathetic.
6. You're reading a book in public and you're about to start crying. How do you deal?
Most of my reading in public is done in the car waiting to pick up my son so I do have a little bit of privacy when this happens. I've been known to wear sunglasses on very cloudy days! If it looks like it's going to turn into full on ugly cry I'll find a different book or check my email or do something on my phone until the moment passes.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you've forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I would mean to reread it but it probably won't happen and it's pretty likely that I'd put the sequel aside until I could reread the first book and than neither would get read.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
The good thing about being an introvert is that I don't know all that many people who want to borrow my books! I'm okay with giving paperbacks to people if I've already read them but if it's a book that I'm really not comfortable letting out of my sight I'll typically just explain the sentimental attachment and it isn't a problem.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I hate when this happens! I have 2 methods that typically work pretty well. The first is to reread an old favorite and the 2nd is to go through my list of review books or my stacks of books and read the first one that really catches my attention.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I don't really buy a huge number of books. A lot of what I read are review books and then I'm a big fan of my local library. If I'm going to buy a book it's typically a cookbook though there are probably 10 or 12 books over the course of the year that I just can't resist buying!
11. After you purchase all these books that you're dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
And this is why I don't buy books. I have books on my shelf that I just had to have bought brand new and in hardcover that are still untouched. Several I bought before the Tornado was born - he's 7. Every once in awhile I'll pick up a book immediately but it's definitely the exception.