1. The Great British Bake-Off - For some reason PBS in the states calls it The Great British Baking Show but they're the same. I love the scenery and how nice everyone is. I love when they come out with some baked creation that I've never even heard of. I also want to become Mary Berry and be BFFs with Mel and Sue. I got to know Sue in a show called Supersizers Go (that's on Hulu if you want to watch it - you should it's great) which mixes history and food and is in equal parts fascinating and hilarious. And I don't want to talk about the fact that the show is getting all changed up to have a more "modern" tone. I'm staying in complete denial.
2. Antiques Roadshow - I love antiques and history and seeing how much random people are willing to pay for stuff. Plus, it's always fun to see the reactions when something they didn't think was very important ends up with a big appraisal.
3. Doctor Who - Back in the 80s PBS showed some of the episodes of the Tom Baker Doctor Who and my Dad loved them so I of course watched it with him. I wasn't very old and mostly thought it was just weird. This wasn't helped by the fact that most of the props and special effects seemed to have been put together with things the production crew found lying around. But my overwhelming opinion was positive and so when I heard the series had been rebooted and discovered that it was on Netflix I thought I'd give it a try and am hooked! I'm really loving the season that just ended and hate that Capaldi is leaving. He really seems to have found his version of the Doctor and I love his relationship with Bill.
4. Catfish - I love this show a ridiculous amount even though the commercials on MTV make me feel very old (I'm very grateful I can fast forward through them). I love seeing if they are who they say they are and following the investigation as Nev and Max track down who the person has really been talking too.
5. Dancing with the Stars - This is kind of a guilty pleasure but I love it. The pretty costumes, the themes, getting to know the celebrities. There's nothing I don't like.
6. Elementary - I really like Sherlock too but the fact they do 3 episodes every 2 years makes me kind of sulky about them so I'm sticking with Elementary. I love Joan and Sherlock's relationship and I love Detective Bell.. The mysteries are always so twisty and intriguing so it makes me a happy watcher.
8. The Middle - This show is almost a little too true to real life sometimes which makes it all the funnier!
9. Who Do You Think You Are? - This is my genealogy geek out show. They've had some really big names and I love finding out the history of regular people all over the world.
10. The Big Bang Theory - I'm always a little nervous when they add characters to a show but Bernadette and Amy have been fantastic additions - especially in the last 2 seasons. Plus, Bernadette is just amazing.
11. Top Chef - This is probably my favorite cooking show. I love Padma and Tom and most seasons I really love most of the contestants though every once in awhile the villain does win. It's fun to see them go through all the different challenges.
12. Disappeared - This show is on Investigation Discovery and it's one of my favorites. It focuses on missing people sometimes with a resolution and sometimes without.
I'm linking up with Binge Watchers hosted by Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My and Michelle at Because Reading