The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn't Get To. I believe the expression that would describe my list for this is - a hole with no bottom. There's so many great books I really wanted to get to but just haven't yet!
2. It's in His Kiss by Jill Shalvis (pub. August 26, 2014) - I was literally checking NetGalley every few minutes to see if this request had gone through for DAYS. This was in August. I have the next 2 as well and haven't read them either. I have no explanation for this except maybe not wanting the series to end?
3. The Poppy Factory by Liz Trenow (pub. August 28, 2014)- The Forgotten Seamstress made my list of favorite reads from 2014. Obviously I was excited to get my hands on her next book. This was in August.
4. Murder at the Book Group by Maggie King (pub. December 30, 2014) - It's a murder in a book club. How did I not read this? Though this one isn't super late so I'm not sure if it counts as "missed" yet.
5. The Red Book of Primrose House by Marty Wingate (pub. November 4, 2014) - When I looked at my November schedule the second book in the Garden Plot series was one I could not miss. Except it's January and I did.
7. Silent Witness by Nigel McCrery (pub. September 1, 2014) - This is a nonfiction about forensics which is one of the most fascinating subjects ever for me.
8. Night of a Thousand Stars by Deanna Raybourn (pub. September 30, 2014) - a book from one of my absolute favorite authors set in one of my favorite time periods with excellent reviews. It's been sitting on my Kindle untouched since August.
9. Secrets of Hallstead House by Amy Reade (pub. July 17, 2014) - I have no idea why I haven't gotten to this bit of gothic-y goodness.
10. No River to Wide by Emilie Richards (pub. June 24, 2014) - Another book by one of my favorite authors that has been sitting on my Kindle for months. No idea what happened or how I didn't get to this one!
So what books were you excited for 2014 that just didn't quite get read?