The Broke and the Bookish is what are the top ten books on your TBR list for summer. Now my Spring TBR list is far from completed. I've read 3 and am working on 2 more which puts me at 50% if we consider the working on books read. However, this does not stop me from making another list for summer. Nor does it dim the optimism that THIS time I'll get the list read.
1. The Language of Bees by Laurie R. King - I have been neglecting this series for far too long considering this book came out 4 years ago and I've yet to read it. It's been far too long since I've checked in with a slightly mellower Holmes and his fiercely independent and intelligent wife Mary Russell.
2. I'm Kind of a Big Deal by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor - This is the 4th of Taylor's books and I've read the previous 3. Her first about new motherhood made me laugh till I cried, her 2nd made me roll my eyes and want to yell at her "Yes I get it you drink a lot of wine! Can we move on now?" Her 3rd was funny and thought provoking so I'm looking forward to reading #4.
3. The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn - This is the first book by the woman who wrote The Kitchen Counter School and is about her time at Le Cordon Bleu.
4. Murder on the Half Shelf by Lorna Barrett - another series I've neglected for far too long. While the main character sometimes drives me nuts this series about a town of bookstores in New Hampshire is a great cozy.
5. Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay - I love McKinlay's books and I love cupcakes. I also have 2 others in this series on the shelf so it's time to make some progress.
6. Cookie Dough or Die by Virginia Lowell - the first in a series of cozies about a cookie shop has been sitting on my shelf for way to long plus there are several other books in the series that I want to read.
7. Golden Malicious by Sheila Connolly - I adore Sheila Connolly's books and can't wait to read the newest in her apple orchard series. Plus one of the characters is restoring an old house so double treat for me!
8. Read It and Weep by Jenn McKinlay - I love the books in McKinlay's library series almost as much as I love Connolly's orchard books.
9. If Mashed Potatoes Could Dance by Paige Shelton - I read Shelton's first book in the cooking school series ages ago and really enjoyed it. Why I put off reading the second for so long I have no idea.
10. Hometown Girl by Mariah Stewart - the fourth book in the Chesapeake Diaries series. I'm determined to like this series even if the first 3 haven't been home runs for me.
I seem to be in a cozy mystery kind of mood right now! What's on your list? If you made one for spring how did you do?