The Broke and the Bookish was Top Ten Beach Bag books. We're heading to the beach next week so this was a chance to get my reading list figured out ahead of time. This is really only the 2nd trip I've taken since I've had my Kindle so it's still a novelty that I don't have to take a suitcase full of books AND I don't have to worry about running out of things to read. When I'm at the beach or doing reading any books during the summer I like to keep it pretty light and fun. Something about all the kids around, temperatures in the 90s and humidity at almost 100% that zaps my attention span. So here's what I'm planning on reading at the beach (in no particular order):
1. Boiled Over by Barbara Ross - This mystery involving a murder at a New England Clambake sounds like a fun read.
2. The Secret Woman by Victoria Holt - because we all need a little gothic-y romantic suspense every once in awhile.
3. Inn at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay - The town's pie baker is turning a haunted house into a B&B and meets a handsome horror writer whose family used to own the haunted house. Yes please!
4. The Cursed by Heather Graham - Ghosts, Murder and smuggling rings set in Key West.
5. We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt - This YA novel about what happens when the younger sister discovers the older sister's secret might be a nice break from the ghosts.
6. Jennider, Gwyneth and Me by Rachel Bertsche - This one will probably be started day 1. This book by Cosmo contributor, Rachel Bertsche, about trying to live like an A-lister on a budget sounds really fun.
7. The Beekeeper's Ball by Susan Wiggs - Last year at the beach I read her book The Apple Orchard and fell completely in love with it. I'm hoping this one lives up to that.
8. Always on My Mind by Belle Andre - I love a 2nd chance story and this romance set on a ranch in California sounds like a good one.
9. The Dirty Book Murder by Thomas Shawver - A murder mystery involving book dealers.
Apparently when I think beach reading my mind goes mainly to ghosts and romance. What do you like to read on the beach?