Emmy Mom. It's a fun way to end the week with 5 thoughts and 5 pictures.
1. Emma's prom is tomorrow. I had forgotten what a racket prom is. Between the dress, shoes, stuff that goes under the dress, hair appointments, altering the dress, prom tickets ($90 a couple and from asking around our school is one of the cheaper ones) it costs a fortune! Then you have to meet up with people for pictures though luckily she and her friends have chosen somewhere that doesn't have an admission fee. I am looking forward to seeing her in her dress though. Just keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays decent.
2. I got MyIreland box for May on Tuesday and as usual I love it. I'll have the review up for it next week sometime. It's the last box in my 3 month subscription but I'll definitely be renewing for another 3 months.
3. I got a lot of cookbooks for my birthday including the Martha Stewart cupcake book. I've got a batch of her chocolate chip cupcakes in the oven right now and I'm hoping they'll be fantastic. For the amount of bowls that ended up dirty they better be.
4. We are in the middle of a very glorious spring here in Alabama. It normally lasts about 2 weeks but I'm loving the temperatures in the low 80s with low humidity.
5. This week my reading took a serious hit because my seasonal allergies decided to visit. Luckily I'm getting used to Benadryl again so am not quite so drowsy. I'm finally getting back on track and have started a book I'm really enjoying. Hope to have the review up on Monday.
The Tornado is obsessed with the TV show Handy Manny these days and insisted the cat needed a pencil behind her ear. I don't think she agreed when she woke up.