Saturday, September 5, 2026

This Month in Reading - August 2026


Monthly Reading Total: 18 -
This was a pretty good month.  I had a few slower reads but for the most part I really enjoyed everything I read.  

Type:

Print - 8

Ebook - 6 

Audio - 4

Genre:

Mystery - 7 

Fiction - 7

Nonfiction - 1

Romance - 3 

Favorite Books of the Month:


Death at a Scottish Halloween by Lucy Connelly -
I love this series and this was a fun one!

The Valentine Cipher by Anna Elliott and Charles Veley - This series is one of the reasons I renewed my Audible subscription.  I love the characters and really enjoy the mystery solving.

Rereads: By the Pricking of My Thumbs by Agatha Christie and Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher

Monthly Armchair Reading: 


Domestic Travel:  This month I headed over to the US Virgin Islands and Arizona for the first time this year.  I also visited Vermont, Oregon, North Carolina, Idaho, and California (twice).

International Travel:  I went to Scotland twice, England three times, Australia, and Greece

How was your reading in August?  Where did your reading take you?

8 comments:

  1. I read 10 books in August and that's a bunch for me this year. You definitely travelled all over the place in your reading! Hope both our September reading is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death at a Scottish Halloween does sound so fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good reading month!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can picture me here with a big smile on my face and feeling like jumping up and giving a clap for Death at a Scottish Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really good reading month, Katherine. And I'll have to check out Death at a Scottish Halloween - thank you for this post. I do love hearing how other people read:)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18 books is terrific! And I'm glad to know you like the Lucy Connelly Scottish mystery series; I've been wanting to read those.

    I read or listened to 20 books, but 11 were rereads (which go faster, especially if I'm reading with my eyes), and one was a 2-hour-long audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'd definitely say that eighteen books is a good reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. August was a great reading month for you. I want to read the Lucy Connelly series. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete