Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Linkups - Scandal Above Stairs















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
Does a cluttered blog have you not returning?  By cluttered I mean too many columns, small type, too many photos, difficult to follow, etc?

My Answer:
It kind of depends on the blogger.  If it's a regular commenter or someone whose voice I really enjoy I'll put up with some visual annoyances.  However, if it is someone I don't really connect with I'll probably give it a miss.

This week's book is one I've been looking forward to for months.  I adored the Jennifer Ashley's first book in the Kat Holloway series and I've been counting days until the release of the 2nd book - Scandal Above Stairs.  So far it is not disappointing!

The Beginning
The clatter of crockery on the flagstone floor broke my heart.  I knew without turning that it was my platter of whole roast pig, the crowning glory of the vast meal I'd spent days creating for the supper party above stairs in this grand Mayfair house.

My Thoughts:
I think my heart would break if this had happened to me and that's having all the conveniences of a modern kitchen!  I can't imagine the heartache in 1881.

The 56:
No gentleman should have implicated a lady in the disappearance of the paintings, and Sir Evan had done so too readily.

My Thoughts:
I think that Sir Evan is up to no good!  And I do love a mystery that involves stolen paintings.

So what do you think?  Keep reading?

16 comments:

  1. To be honest I'm not bothered how a blogger chooses to design their blog as long as I can easily read the text, it isn't covered in gifs every few lines and I like what they talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really pay that much attention to the other parts of a blog except for the posts I'm reading. The only time I notice is when ads blink and change over and over. That does get annoying. Glad you're enjoying this second book in the series. I know that you and many others really liked the first book. Hope this one works just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a blog is super busy and hurts the eye I might shy away but most of the time I care more about the content. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, focus on blog content. The only posts I find harder to read are those with a light-colored text, particularly white letters on a darker background. But that's just me and how my eyes react to it. Anyway...

    I like your choice of book. I have a copy of the first book in the series and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the cluttered blog content and visiting. I really don't like lots of popup ads or pop up requests to follow on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, losing that food I'd worked so hard on would be devastating. I don't know whether "broke my heart" would describe it, though? I always think that's more for relationships? Anyway, hope it continues to live up to expectations.

    I don't mind messy book blogs, but for some reason all the ads and clutter of online newspapers really puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great excerpts! They do make me want to grab this book. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE OTHER WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY, you reading Scandal Above Stairs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell from the quotes, is it a time travel novel? Or is the clutter and noise something she is used to? My Friday Quotes - The Prince and the Dressmaker

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might have to check out this series. I've started to like this time period a bit more than I use to. See what we're featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the book is living up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be looking for this one (didn't get a pitch for review). I enjoyed the first one and the novella.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not my era, but it sounds great still. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun read. Happy weekend. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. The one thing I will not deal with on a blog are the ones that have double sidebars with so much stuff on them it takes forever for the post to load. I don't have time for that, no matter how much I like the blogger. Ha ha. 😇

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've reminded me how highly you think of this series. I made sure to put book one for this year as my library now has the hard copies.

    ReplyDelete