Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Linkups: Me Before You














It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice.

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
Is there a reason you chose Blogger over WordPress or a different platform?

My Answer:
There wasn't a real reason for choosing Blogger over WordPress.  I have a Gmail account and so all I had to do was press a few buttons to set up a blog.

This week's book was one I've known about for several years but I've avoided because I heard it was an ugly cry read.  I'm not a fan of ugly crying so I really didn't have any interest in reading it UNTIL I saw the movie trailer and became obsessed with it.  So now I'm reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and loving it.  This is the first book I've read by her and unless it goes spectacularly wrong in the last quarter it won't be the last!

Prologue
When he emerges from the bathroom she is awake, propped up against the pillows and flicking through the travel brochures that were beside his bed.

Chapter 1
There are 158 footsteps between the bus stop and home, but it can stretch to 180 if you aren't in a hurry, like maybe if you're wearing platform shoes.

My Thoughts:
In the Prologue we get Will before the accident and get to see him in all his arrogant glory.  It doesn't tell us much about who he'll be when we see him again but we definitely get a picture of who he is.  I love the first line in Chapter 1.  It's definitely Lou's voice and I felt like I got to know her pretty quick off that one line.

The 56
"You don't have to behave like an arse."
The words rang out in the still air.

My Thoughts:
I'm past this scene but it was one of my favorites!  Lou's been trying to be nice and pleasant for so long and at this point she's just had it.

So what do you think?  Keep reading?  

21 comments:

  1. Romance is not my genre, but the 'arse' got me, so I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book that can give me an ugly cry - sign me up for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me Before You was my first book from this author, and I've read several since. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've loved seeing the movie trailers. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “I LET YOU GO”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard AMAZING things about Me Before You . . . but I just don't know if I could handle this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me before you was a very good read, I actually didn't cry..... But the movie might tear me up. I enjoy Jojo Moyes' novels, can highly recommend "The one plus one". Not a tear-jerker at all, just a really fun read. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katherine, that is a great first line in Chapter 1. I would definitely keep reading!

    Here's my Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I have heard a lot of good things about her books, especially Me Before You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here with Blogger- i just sort of fell into it as a platform and have never taken the time to move to WP. I don't spend a lot of time fussing with code and stuff so it works for me, for now. Glad this book is working for you- I've seen it around of course but didn't know they were making a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a book that me think because most ppl have a ready opinion about assisted dying. I loved Me Before You. I saw the movie trailer and it looks good.
    I used to use Blogger but found out Google can do anything w/your content as they own it, not you. Wordpress takes getting used to to navigate about as it's not like an AOL desktop, but you own everything. So that's why I switched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to read this series. Totally. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep seeing this book around. Not so sure it's for me though.

    My Friday 56 from Rebel Belle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used Blogger for a couple of years and then switched to WordPress.
    I adored Me Before You - read it when it first came out. I read the sequel on vacation a couple of months ago and really liked it. I would label MBY a romantic novel but not straight romance (a genre I enjoy).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogger was the only one I knew of and have stayed with it.

    I am afraid to migrate my regular blog to Word Press. Not really sure how to do that, but I am happy with Blogger.

    I do have a Word Press blog that is a secondary one.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I am finally going to cave and read this book. It isn't my normal thing, but people keep telling me I will like it. I will most likely be borrowing it from the library. Amazon keeps listing it as a Kindle deal just about every day, but it is still $9.99 and that is abit twice as much a I will pay for an ebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I AM IN NEED TO READ ME BEFORE YOU!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TO SPOIL ME. AAAAAAAARGGGH. Well, I wanted Wordpress before but it's really tricky when it comes to editing the blog design so I went for Blogger.

    Yani / Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that most of us book bloggers got started with the Blogger blogging platform, but then some have changed over to Wordpress. So far, I've stayed with Blogger, and it's because it is indeed very easy to use. However, just the other day, I read a comment stating that Google has the right to use the content on Blogger blogs in any way they wan! So I need to look into this further....

    As for the book you're featuring today, it sounds really good, but I don't know if I can handle such an emotional read right now.....maybe I'll give it a try at some later point.

    Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It really was as easy as that to set up a Blogger blog, I agree. :-) I've resisted Me Before You, but I imagine I will read it eventually. It's not one I am rushing to read though. Sometimes high rave about a book will make me drop everything to read the book and other times run the other way. So far, I'm still running the other way. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is an ugly cry of a book but so worth the tears - you will fall in love with the characters and it is so thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So. Much. Crying. But really it's worth it because this book is wonderful. I want to do a re-read before the movie, since it's been at least 3 years since I first read it. But tears.
    You should definitely go with The Last Letter From Your Lover next. It might be my favourite of hers. Hard to say between it and MBY.

    ReplyDelete