Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleyaps - Review

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  Alex Nolan is the youngest of the four Nolan siblings and also the most messed up.  With a failed marriage, a struggling business and a growing drinking problem the last thing he needs is to start seeing a ghost.  The ghost isn't exactly thrilled to be stuck watching Alex drink himself to death but since Alex is the only one who can see or hear him the ghost has to work with what he's got.
Zoe has lost a lot but still hopes to find that special someone to share her life with.  When she needs help renovating a cottage to move her grandmother into she is sent to Alex.  As the two of them sort through their lives and feelings for each other could they also be the link to helping the ghost figure out his past?

Genre: Romance

My Impression:  Ever since the first book in this series I was looking forward to Alex's story.  I loved Zoe when she showed up in book 2.  Throw in the ghost story and the renovation of old houses (which for some reason is a big thing for me) and I could barely wait to start this one.  This book didn't disappoint.  I loved Alex and the ghost and enjoyed their relationship.  Zoe was so sweet and so nice it's impossible not to root for her.  I liked how Alex's drinking problem was handled and I was glad it wasn't too easy.  I felt that their relationship built realistically and their happily ever after is believable.  Alex was drowning and Zoe was his rock but she needs him as much as he needs her.  The only reason this isn't a 5 star book for me is that the ending got a bit weird and felt to contrived like it was a way to wrap it up quickly.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:   Yes on both though I'm not quite as motivated to read the 4th book of this series.  Witchcraft and curses don't do quite as much for me as ghost stories and renovating old houses.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment