Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Ten Books I've Picked Up Recently


My library "updated" their Hoopla catalog which ended up getting rid of about 75% of the books on my favorites list.  To make myself feel a bit better I might have done a bit of a shopping binge thanks to a sale on Audible and a new (!!!) bookstore opening in town.  


 1.  Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan - I've seen good reviews for this one and it's just the most beautiful little book.

2.  Nosy Neighbors by Freya Sampson - I've heard this is lots of fun.

3.  We'll Prescribe You a Cat by Syou Ishida - I love the look of this and it has been on my wishlist since it first came to my attention.

4.  Haunt Sweet Home by Sarah Pinsker - I'm in a ghosty kind of mood!

5.  A Certain Kind of Starlight by Heather Webber - I have loved everything I've read by this author so of course I had to buy this one!


6.  American Cookie by Anne Byrn - I love her cookbooks and I have her book on the history of cake so of course I had to pick this one up!

7.  A Happier Life by Kristy Woodson Harvey - I have been wanting to read this author for ages and this book looks like one I will love.

8.  The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell - This was part of an Audible sale and it looked intriguing plus I typically love this author.

9.  The Last Train from Paris by Juliet Greenwood - Another Audible sale book.  I don't know that I've heard anything about this one but I liked the sound of it.

10. The Dutch House by Ann Patchett - I read another book by Patchett earlier this year and had my eye on this one.  Then a friend passed this on as she had ended up with 2 copies.

What books have you picked up recently?

2 comments:

  1. Well done with your buys for audiobooks. I loved the Webber book on audio. I also loved the Kristy Woodsen Harvey book on audio. I generally read her books via audio. I didn't look at the sale on Audible, I usually buy duds and I can't return them, so I need to be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kristy Woodson Harvey and now I want to read A Happier Life!

    ReplyDelete