Tuesday, October 8, 2024

My Fall Reading Retreat Reading List

 

A few months ago I did a reading list for an imaginary reading retreat and had a good time picking out books to read for an imaginary weekend where I do nothing but read.  There's always the chance I might make it a reality so I need to be prepared!  Now that it is fall I feel the need for a fall themed reading retreat with a mix of spooky and cozy books.  In my vision I have a cabin out in the woods with blankets, plenty of tea and good snacks, and cozy indoor and outdoor reading areas


1.  The Crow Trap by Ann Cleeves - This is the first in the Vera Stanhope series which I've heard has a bit of a cozy British mystery feel mixed in with a solid mystery.  It's been on my TBR for ages and seems like a good place to start.

2.  Haunt Sweet Home by Sarah Pinsker - A ghost hunting HGTV-type renovation show sounds fun and fast paced.

3.  Return to Wlydcliffe Heights by Carol Goodman - This is described as a cross between Jane Eyre and The Thirteenth Tale and involves a reclusive writer.  This will be the perfect read for when I'm ready for something a bit more atmospheric.   

4.  A Fatal Feast at Bramsfield Manor by Darci Hall - After the heavy atmospheric read I need a cozy mystery in a haunted manor house.

5.  The Spellshop by Sarah Beth Durst - After a few books of murder and mayhem it's time for some witchy coziness and this looks like it will have lots of both.  


6.  Long Time Gone by Charlie Donlea - I'll take a break from the cozy and go with a nice police procedural.  I've read one book by this author and loved the fast paced investigation.

7.  Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia of Fairies by Heather Fawcett - And a turn back to cozy and non-murdery.  I've read another book by this author which I absolutely adored and this sounds just as wonderful.

8.  We'll Prescribe You a Cat by Syou Ishida - Another cozy sounding book and it makes me think that I need to bring my cat to my cozy cabin reading retreat.  

9.  An Inquiry Into Love and Death by Simone St James - Is a fall reading retreat complete without some Gothic-y Simone St. James?  

10. The Last Close Call by Laura Griffin - After the coziness and the Gothicness I think I'll end on another police procedural.  I love the sound of this one since the main character is a forensic genealogist.  

What is your idea of a perfect fall reading retreat?  What are some of the books you'd bring with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment