Wednesday, June 5, 2024

What I"m Reading Wednesday - June 5


 I always have a few books going and this is what I'm reading this week and what I think of my reads.

Print Book:


The House on Biscayne Bay by Chanel Cleeton - I have just started this so no opinion yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Ebook:


The Paris Widow by Kimberly Belle - I'm almost done with this one and have been enjoying it.  It's definitely proven to be a fast read.

Slow Read:


Lost on Planet China by J. Maarten Troost - I was inspired by Kathryn over at Book Date to add a slow read into my day.  I've been reading about 20 minutes a day and it has become one of the things I really look forward to.  I've found this has been helpful for tackling books I've been reluctant or intimidated to pick up for whatever reason.  I haven't read much of this one but so far I've been enjoying it.  

Audio Book: 



The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams - I loved the first book in this cozyish mysery series though I read it awhile ago.  So far I'm really enjoying this one and am so glad to be getting back to the world Ellery Adams created.

What are you reading today?

9 comments:

  1. I just finished Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano and not sure whihc book to grab next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Ghostdrift by Suzanne Palmer. I'm listening to Ink & Sigil by Kevin Hearne, and Not in Love by Ali Hazelwood, and starting Everyone I Kissed Since You Got Famous by Mae Marvel.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good reading! Yes same reasons for slow read, or I am just avoiding it for some reason. Will look forward to the final summing up of the Chanel Cleeton book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear what you are reading. I've been thinking about The Paris Widow. We shall see. I'm making my way through Kristan Higgins' new book, Look On The Bright Side. It's a good one, but a little poignant in places - a little sad. That's OK though. I've enjoyed the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying The Paris Widow. I have it on pre-order from B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by Lost on Planet China! And I really like the idea of a slow read too. I think I am going to try that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Paris Widow looks really good. I added it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to read something by Cleeton for so long. This one has a stunning cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of the Chanel Cleeton novel. I've only read one of her books, but I really liked her writing style. The The Paris Widow is on my wish list. I am glad to see you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete