Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Podcasts I've Enjoyed Recently


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Lately I've been mixing podcasts in between my audio books and have really been enjoying them.  Here are 5 I've really enjoyed lately.


1.  Scamanda - This is a complicated story of a woman who has cancer - or does she?  I loved the host and the format of the show and it is a seriously complex story.  

2.  The Missing Madonna - This is the story of an art heist in a castle in Scotland and the men responsible for getting the stolen DaVinci back.  The story is told by the daughter of one of the primary men involved.  

3.  Carrie Jade Does Not Exist - Who is Carrie Jade and why did she appear out of nowhere?  This series is hosted by Sue Perkins who I love and was absolutely fascinating.  It's still updating occasionally and I'm always thrilled to see a new episode pop up in my feed.  


4.  From the Front Porch - This is an ongoing podcast hosted by Annie Jones who owns an independent bookstore in Thomasville, Georgia.  I really enjoy that there's a number of employees and friends who rotate through the podcasts so that there are lots of different perspectives on books.  My favorite is the annual March Madness that Annie and her husband do.  This is my favorite "go to sleep" podcast and I listen to an episode every night as I'm going to bed.  

5.  Nellie's Baby - I've got a couple of episodes left of this one and I've really been enjoying it.  Kirsty Johnston is an investigative journalist in New Zealand and is approached by a woman named Sarah who was adopted as an infant.  She has learned that her mother was in a Psychiatric hospital in New Zealand and isn't sure how to find the answers she wants.  The series touches on adoption and mental health treatment as well as a whole host of very serious topics but there is also hope and the joy of finding family.  

What podcasts do you enjoy?

7 comments:

  1. From the Front Porch is one I like, too... have been listening for years. Will check out the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about 45 minutes from Thomasville but we don't go much at all. I think I will check out that podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so clueless when it comes to podcasts. I'm honestly not even sure how to find them. lol But some of these sound really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should go back to From the Front Porch, I did listen to it a few years ago, I like a podcast too before I go to sleep. I usually am asleep by the time it comes to an end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the Front Porch sounds good; I should check it out. My current favorite podcasts are Writing Excuses, 20 Thousand Hertz, 99% Invisible, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (that one is actually an NPR game show, but I'm never in the car when it is broadcast, so podcast works better for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie Jade Does Not Exist sounds fun. I love Sue Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never got into podcasts but they do sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete