Friday, June 7, 2024

Friday Fives - June TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This is the first Friday in June so I'm picking out five books I hope to read this month.


1.  Haunting License by Carol J Perry - I've enjoyed the first two books in the series (the first WAY more than the second) and was so excited to see that book three was coming out.


2.  Empty Nest by Marty Wingate - I read the first book in this cozy mystery series about bird watching awhile ago and enjoyed it.


3.  Nothing Venture by Patricia Wentworth - This book is on my classic mystery list and this is one of my favorite authors.


4.  Death at Greenway by Lori Rader-Day - This is a historical mystery set at Agatha Christie's home during World War II.


5.  Murder at Half Moon Gate by Andrea Penrose- The TBR Tarot prompt was Choose a Book with a 5 Word Title.  I listened to the first book in this series last year and really enjoyed it so I'm really looking foward to the second.  

What are you planning on reading this month?

9 comments:

  1. I love that Andrea Penrose mystery series! Mostly because the characters are so great. And the cover of Haunting License is SO cute. Totally makes me want to read the book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mystery set at Agatha Christie's home sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of these, Katherine. I'm currently reading two nooks from my June TBR: The Five Year Lie by Sarina Bowen (on audio) and Fall With Me by Brooke Montgomery (kindle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read other books by Lori Rader Day, but haven't tried this one yet. Hope it's enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LOVE Andrea Penrose. I have heard good things about Lori Rader Day so I am curious about that one. Happy reading Katherine.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm behind in Perry's series and so need to catch up, but I'm looking forward to reading Haunting License. I hope you enjoy all your June reads, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good. I only read the first book in the Perry series and I really want to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look good with some variety. I have Haunting License to read as well. You'll read it before me though I think.

    ReplyDelete