Friday, June 21, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Beach Reads


I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  We are heading to the beach in a few weeks for our first beach trip in several years and I'm so excited.  I normally don't have time to read very much and this probably won't be any different as there will be lots of family about but I am able to spend some time on the beach reading here are 5 books that I plan on reading.


1.  Bad Summer People by Emma Rosenblum - I've heard such great things about this book and it sounds like gossipy fun and perfect for the beach!


2.  The Bookshop by the Bay by Pamela Kelley - Not only does this have a gloriously beachy cover but it also has the word bookshop in the title.  Two great things that go great together!


3.  The Beach at Summerly by Beatriz Williams - I love Beatriz Williams' books and rich behaving scandalously in a historical context on the beach sounds fun.


4.  Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax - It has beach in the title so that alone makes it a good beach reading candidate!  Plus I own a bunch of books in this series and should read them.


5.  The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis - I'm trying to read more from this author and this book looks gloriously summery!

Now I just need to mix in some thrillers and I'm ready to go!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of nice titles and I hope you can mnage some readng time. Which shoreline will you visit? My bet is the Gulf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalvis is so dependable for a good low-drama story. Perfect to read with your toes in the sand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys have a great trip, Katherine! Looks like you've got some great books to take along. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shalvis is the only one of those I have read. She's a favorite.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved the Ten Beach Rd series. And The Lemon Sisters was good too. Hope the beach time will be fantastic with or without reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip! Bad Summer People sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to read at least one of these this summer.

    ReplyDelete