Saturday, May 4, 2024

Reading Recap - April 2024

Monthly Recap:

Monthly Reading Count - 18.  I feel like I spent most of the month teetering on the edge of a reading slope but I'm hoping things have straightened out.

Print - 7
Ebook - 5
Audiobook - 6

Mystery - 10
Fiction - 5
Romance - 2
Nonfiction - 1

Favorite Books of the Month:


Favorite Audio:


Just the Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica - This won't be in my top ten favorite books for the year but it was a fun thriller and the audio really enhanced the reading experience.

Favorite Book:  



The Summer Swap by Sarah Morgan
Murder in Rose Hill by Victoria Thompson

Least Favorite Book:

Day of Vengeance by Jeanne M. Dams
- I wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me.  I don't think I"ll be continuing with this series.

My Armchair Travel


Domestic Travel:

I visted Wisconsin, Tennessee, New York, Michigan, and South Carolina for the first time.  I also revisited Illinois, Washington, and Massachussetts.

International Travel:  
I didn't travel internationally as much as I normally do but I did visit England twice, Scotland, and Switzerland.

Where did your reading take you in April?  What was your favorite book of the month?

5 comments:

  1. I have several Kubica thrillers I've not started as yet. She is quite a prolific writer and seems a good one too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've traveled quite a bit from that armchair! I started writing out where I have been too, inspired by you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Summer Swap looks so wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading that one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Summer Swap too. Hope May will mean that slope has evened out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only read one book by Sarah Morgan but I really liked it. I read SO many great books this past month. It was a great month for me with the COYER Mystery Read-athon.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete