Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Books Set in Virginia


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  We just got back from a vacation in Virigina and like I did last vacation I'm listing 5 books that I'd like to read that take place in Virginia.


1.  Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams - This series has been on my TBR and on my bookshelf for ages.  It looks wonderful.


2.  Revenge of the Wrought Iron Flamingos by Donna Andrews - This actually takes place in Yorktown, Virginia which is one of the places we visited.  It's also one of my favorite cozy mystery series and I only have one book to read before I get to this one in the series so I need to get reading!


3.  Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano -  This book sounds completely fun in a completely bonkers kind of way!


4.  Haunted by Heather Graham - I've heard mixed reviews on this book but I typically enjoy Graham's books and this one involves ghosts and a Colonial-era estate so it sounds fun.


5.  The Miniscule Mansion of Myra Malone by Audrey Burges - This book only partly takes place in Virginia but I say that counts and I really want to read this one.

Have you read any of these?  Any favorite books that take place in Virginia?



3 comments:

  1. The Heather Graham book look interesting. I don't think I've read anything by her. Hope you had a great getaway in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos? That's the best title ever! And Finlay Donovan is Killing It is a very fun read. It totally made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia has always seemed to me quite a romantic kind of place. Great to find these five books set in Virginia. I suspect you may like the Heather Graham book because as you say you enjoy her books and it does sound promising.

    ReplyDelete