Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday Five - My Five Favorite Romances


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  In honor of Valentine's Day I'm pulling up my Five Favorite Romances.  Romance is a genre I haven't read much of in the last couple of years but it is one I used to read a lot from and one I frequently reread from.  Here are five of my favorites that I reach for when I'm wanting a reread.


1.  The Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas  - I'm not usually a fan of the reformed villain but in this book it works.  It's one of my absolute favorites and one I can always reread!



2.  And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke - This is set a little later in the historical romance realm and involves a woman who is earning her own living and wants to make her own dreams come true and not settle.  


3.  Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts - This is one of Roberts' Ireland books which involves fairies, siblings, and a woman who is starting over in a completely different environment.  Roberts excels at all of these things and this is a great read.


4.  Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas - This is a contemporary romance and one with a ghost.  I love a good ghost story and most of all I love the heroine in this book. She's just someone I want to be friends with.


5.  Key of Knowledge by Nora Roberts - This is one of Roberts' quest books involving a friend group and a supernatural type quest.  In this one the heroine worked in a library and is a huge reader and the hero is an author and also a huge reader.  

And now I want to go reread all five of these!

6 comments:

  1. It’s not a genre I read much of either but I have a couple of faves I reach for when the need takes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me always Pride and Prejudice. Old but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Key of Knowledge sounds really good. I enjoy paranormal mixed with romance. Historical romance is hit and miss with me, but I probably should explore the subgenre more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good reads. I have to admit I've moved now more to women's fiction, although there is often a smidgeon of romance in them. And of course I'm read a few more cozies these days. But I have shelves full of fave romances, mostly contemporary but some historical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke it sounds fun and I love my historical romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first book was a good series.

    ReplyDelete