Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Ten Books I Want to Buy

 


I've been doing lots of virtual browsing lately and books are always one of my favorite things to browse for.  Here are 10 books I'm planning on picking up soon.


1.The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley - I love the cover and the title and the blurb features an old house and family secrets so there's no way I can resist!

2.  Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart - I really want to read more Mary Stewart and this one kind of jumped out at me.

3.  Of Literature and Lattes by Katherine Reay - I loved Reay's previous book and this one also looks delightful.

4.  The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs - I enjoy Wiggs' books and how can I pass this one up with that title?

5.  Close Up by Amanda Quick - This is the 4th book in a series that apparently I'm just going to buy all of them before I've actually read the 1st one.  It is Amanda Quick and her books are always entertaining so I feel fairly safe.


6.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis - I love historical fiction and I love the cover and this author has been on my TBR for ages.

7.  Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie - I read Mackenzie's book about reading aloud to children and found it so inspiring.  Plus, I could use a little peace.

8.  To Love and Be Wise by Josephine Tey - I adore another one of Tey's books but haven't read that much from her so I figured I'd pick up this one.

9.  The Heirloom Garden by Viola Shipman - If I don't get this book really any book by Shipman will do!  They all look delightful.

10. Her Last Flight by Beatriz Williams - A few years ago it felt like I read Williams nonstop but it's been so long since I've picked up any books by her.  This one looks great and it's another cover that kind of sucked me in.

10 comments:

  1. Just about all of these would be on my buy list too, although some are on my "reserve" list at the library. Yes to Viola Shipman, I've loved the ones I read. I want to sample Reay again too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine!

    I haven't read The Butterfly Room yet and also don't have it... Let's try to both get it!

    I've read and I have a copy of Touch not the Cat. Stunning book. I love Mary Stewart.

    Hope you are will otherwise and keeping the bright side up. Here's my 10 Books that should be adapted for Netflix

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Touch Not The Cat. I reread it a while back and enjoyed it again. Has some little quirks that are not usual for Mary Stewart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound great especially the Butterfly Room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of The Little Broomstick by Mary Stewart - it's one of my alltime favourite books. So I'll be interested to know if you enjoy it. And The Butterfly Room also sounds like a great read, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try Josephine Tey, hope you enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love browsing for books, I can get lost in a bookstore for hours lol. these all sound pretty good.I keep hearing good things about Beatriz Williams.

    Love that cover of The Butterfly Room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riley and Wiggs's books sound good. I have some books on my Kindle that need to be read but I get distracted by library titles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of any of these! But I'm also trying to NOT buy right now 😂. I might rethink it with THE LOST AND FOUND BOOKSHOP though 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lions of Fifth Avenue has caught my eye a few times. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete