Sunday, October 13, 2019

This Week in Reading - October 13

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Murder and Microphones by Erin Huss - I know nothing about this other then it is a cozy mystery involving podcasts about cold cases so I could absolutely not pass it up.  (Edelweiss)

Sauvigone for Good by J.C. Eaton - I love this author so I couldn't resist this one. (NetGalley)

Currently:

Reading:  A Bitter Feast by Deborah Crombie and finishing up The Bodies in the Library by Marty Wingate.

Listening:  Finishing up The Study of Seduction by Sabrina Jeffries.  It's taking forever but it's more things have been a bit hectic then any fault of the book.

Watching:  I binged the Taken at Birth mini series on TLC about the Hicks black market baby ring in Georgia.  The story is crazy and heartbreaking and absolutely fascinating.  I would've known absolutely nothing about it except my dad's wife has a very loose family connection (some distant cousin may have been a biological father) and the true story is even crazier then I originally thought.

Off the Blog:

This week was a kind of quiet week which was nice.  We got some schooling done and seem to be finding a bit of a routine which is good.  I'm exhausted but more because insomnia decided to come visit then because my days are particularly crazy.  This happens every once in awhile and drives me crazy.  Of course part of the problem is that I very rarely manage to go to bed at a decent hour.  Despite all that I am starting to get back to reading which is such a relief.  

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday - The Widow at Rose House - Historical Mystery Review
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday - Extraordinary Titles
Wednesday:  The Bodies in the Library - Cozy Mystery Review
Thursday:  A Bitter Feast - Mystery Review
Friday: Friday Fives
Saturday: TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. All the best for settling down into a routine after all the upheaval. Insomnia is something I have a lot of sympathy for as I suffered from it badly for years. Sometimes an audiobook takes me awhile too, not because its bad but because I just don't get to the listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken At Birth sounds super interesting and tragic- wow. Glad your reading is picking back up- now if only I can do the same thing! :)

    Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised you are now being zapped by insomnia, given the stress you've been dealing with. I use my audiobook on the sleep timer these days, so it cannot get too far ahead. It's a lot better than staring into the dark with all those miserable thoughts buzzing through my brain. Hope the coming week is more peaceful, Katherine.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back into a routine is definitely good! I hope to get back into mine again soon. Good to hear your reading is going well!
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to be binging that whole JC Eaton series next month for Can You Read a Series in a Month! That will be one series I am caught up on when done...lol. THat podcast book looks super cool! Trying to hard not to grab any more cozy type mysteries till I catch up on most of the ones I have...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to finally have some kind of routine. But it doesn't take much to mess it up.

    Your cozies look really good. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Murder and Microphones is definitely being added to my wishlist.

    Have a great reading week, and I hope you get some sleep soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing lots of people mention Taken At Birth... I don't think it's available over here but it sounds interesting!
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not shocking you had some insomnia this week - after all the upheaval of recent weeks, your body is bound to respond in some way. I'm glad you seem to be settling into a routine again though. I hope your sleep starts to cooperate this week too! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully your biorhythms will settle down so you'll get a good night's sleep. Pls take care of yourself so you don't get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember a television movie about the Hicks baby ring from a long time ago. I think it was a Movie if the Week. It was very sad. 😢

    I'm happy to hear the schooling routine gets easier with every passing week. 📚

    Have a wonderful and more restful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  12. My new job has me working nights sometimes so I find it hard to go to sleep at a decent hour now. I know how you are feeling. I hope you get the much needed rest:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad this was a quieter week and things are settling into a routine for you. Reading can be therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope things continue to settle and the insomnia goes away quickly. Your new books sound interesting, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have many friends who suffer from insomnia. But they are much older than you. You are too young for insomnia!

    Glad you have gotten back to reading, in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that your insomnia is short lived. I only have the occasional night that sleep eludes me and it is the worst. It is good that you are finding your routine. I hope this is a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have so much sympathy about the insomnia. I started with that when I was fifteen and had it on and off ever since. I had a brief spell of it this week which I'm struggling to get over. I'm so much hoping that you can get some good rest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you are enjoying your reads and hope you sleep is better It just turned cold here so I am sleeping better under a pile of covers. I'm listening to A Bitter Feast this week, a great series.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete