Sunday, October 20, 2019

This Week in Reading - October 20

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders by Tessa Arlen - I've really enjoyed other books by Arlen and this sounds fantastic! (Publisher)

Shot Through the Hearth by Kate Carlisle - This is another series I've enjoyed though I haven't read as many of the books as I should.  This newest looks fantastic!  (Publisher)

Currently:

Reading:  We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson and A Very Mummy Holiday by Lynn Cahoon
  
Listening:  I just finished A Study in Seduction by Sabrina Jeffries which I really ended up enjoying.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to start next.

Watching:  I've been catching up on Hallmark mysteries and have been thoroughly enjoying them.

Off the Blog:

Another week where we didn't do much.  I think we are all still recovering from the madness of the last month or two.  My insomnia is still in full swing but I'm at least getting some reading in which is nice.  The weather hasn't been blazing hot so I'm thinking we're going to try and go to the zoo this week and maybe just get some outside time in. 

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  A Legacy of Murder - Mystery Review
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday List
Wednesday:  TBD
Thursday: Books From the Backlog
Friday: Friday Fives
Saturday: TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

21 comments:

  1. Some gentle outdoor time sounds good. Enjoy those mystery books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new books look great, Katherine. I have some more thriller / mystery books too this week - fall kind of makes me want to read more spooky stuff.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hallmark mysteries, too. And that Poppy Fedfern book looks really tempting. Enjoy your week, and here are Weekly Updates


    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books look like good ones! I love the Hallmark Mysteries too and I am so not ready for Christmas movies. :(

    Hope your insomnia goes away and you can get some rest!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dog on the book cover. I really hope the insomnia gets stuffed this week. I know how miserable it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the Tessa Arlen book I read, and need to catch up! Poppy Redfern looks like one I'd like.

    Hope your insomnia gets better, and hoping that you have a good week this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insomnia stinks, when my anxiety is bad I can never sleep. I hope this week is better for you.
    Have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes... some enjoyable days where you are able to relax a bit sounds in order. Sorry about the insomnia - hope it starts to ease down soon. In the meantime, have a peaceful week, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the zoo! And good luck with the insomnia! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the most unusual reading experience with We Have Always Lived in the Castle... I finished it by candle light during a power outage on Halloween! Will never forget that. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excitement is way overrated in my opinion! Enjoy your downtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're able to go to the zoo this week! We've been yesterday! And it's just such a great family time. Love it!
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to have some normal weeks. We need to go to the zoo. We've been here for 4.5 years and haven't managed it and we love the zoo. I loved A Bitter Feast. The whole series is such a joy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  14. The one silver lining to insomnia is the extra reading time! But I hope your sleep gets back to normal soon. Have you tried melatonin? I recently started taking it before bedtime, and it has helped somewhat.

    The zoo sounds like a lovely early-fall activity. We went to the Minneapolis zoo about a year ago, after our niece's wedding, but we haven't been to either of our "nearby" zoos in a decade or more. Maybe this spring sometime; fall is already pretty busy.

    Enjoy your new books and your Hallmark mysteries! I'll be starting A Bitter Feast soon. Can't wait to get back to reading Deborah Crombie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to remember to add We Have Always Lived in the Castle to my classics shelf for next year. Can you believe I've never read it. 😯

    I'm glad to hear it's not blazing hot for you anymore! We are now playing the let's not turn the heat on yet, even though we are freezing cold game. Ha ha. 😄

    Have a wonderful new week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I’m in need of some outside time.
    The Poppy Redfern Book is popular this week, I hope you enjoy it

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry about the insomnia. The Poppy books looks good. I love a good mystery this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you've been getting in some good reading and that that's been making you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about the insomnia, that's no fun - I know, thanks to my forced insomnia with a 1 month old at home. I hope y'all make it to the zoo, sounds fun! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders. It sounds so good. And like you, I really enjoyed her other series. I am glad you are enjoying your current reads. They all sound good! I hope you are able to sleep some, Katherine. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing lovely books ." A Legacy of Murder sounds good as title shows hopefully i will enjoy on this weekend

    ReplyDelete