Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Creepy Books on My TBR


This week I'm looking at creepy reads that I'd love to get to before Halloween.  I love books with a touch of creepiness that aren't too scary or heading too much into horror.  These have a mix of murders and ghosts - I do love a good ghost story!


1.  Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels - Barbara Michaels is my very favorite spooky book author.  There's a lot of mystery, a touch of romance, and a good dose of history - and in many of her books a ghost or two!

2.  The Art of the English Murder: From Jack the Ripper and Sherlock Holmes to Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock by Lucy Worsley - I don't know much about this one though it is nonfiction but any book that talks about Jack the Ripper AND Agatha Christie is one I really must try.

3.  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving - I read a paranormal romantic suspense that had Washington Irving as a ghost and I realized that while I have seen various movies of this one I've never actually read the book.

4.  Black Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin - I remember when this one came out and I desperately wanted to read it.  It looks perfect for spooky reading!  Though I think it is decidedly light on ghosts and heavy on murder.

5.  Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart - I don't know how spooky this one is but the cover looks spooky and I always love a book by Mary Stewart!


6.  The Restorer by Amanda Stevens - I think I want to read this for the cover alone!  It doesn't hurt that I saw tons of good reviews for this one.

7.  Second Sight by Amanda Quick - I'm not sure how spooky this one actually is but I've been wanting to try this one and Krentz/Quick usually does pretty good suspense.

8.  Be Afraid by Mary Burton - I've had this one for ages and the title says to be afraid so I'm guessing spooky things will be happening.

9.  Omens by Kelley Armstrong - I haven't read anything by Armstrong but I've been wanting too and her books always seem to have some supernatural elements which can be spooky.

10. Blood Red by Wendy Corsi Staub - I always enjoy Corsi Staub's books when I read them.  They're definitely spooky light and super fast paced which is always fun.

What spooky books do you want to read for Halloween?

7 comments:

  1. That is quite a list. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these and I do like a good dose of creepiness (especially this time of year).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Restorer has a spooky cover for sure. When I used to teach, I'd read that book of Scary Stories to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that cat against the big orange moon! I really should read the Legend of Sleepy Hollow- I loved the show as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get to enjoy some of these creepy books, meantime I'll just creep out and leave you to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will warn you... the Sleepy Hollow movies are better, although it is a pleasant read it's not really scary. Ha ha. 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series-might be time for a reread soon!

    ReplyDelete