Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - My Fall TBR

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from That Artsy Reader Girl is My Fall TBR.  I LOVE these posts.  I normally on read about half of the books I put on these lists but I love planning them and pretending that I'm going to read them!

1.  Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - Somehow I've never read this book by Jane Austen though I know a number of people say they like this one better than Pride and Prejudice.  I'm hoping to try it out on audio soon.

2.  The One in a Million Boy by Monica Wood - This one scared me off because of the blurb but I've heard some glowing reviews for it and I've decided to reconsider!

3.  The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts - I read this trilogy when it first came out and while I liked it I didn't really love it and I remember nothing about it.  On a whim I picked up the first book and ended up really enjoying so I really want to continue with the second book.

4.  Seasons of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne - Thayne has the absolute best Christmas reads and I'm excited about this one!

5.  Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron - I love this cozy mystery series set in Bayou country and am excited about this newest one.

6.  A Vintage Death by Mary Ellen Hughes - I loved the first book in this cozy mystery series even though it made me want to start a music box collection and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the series develops.

7.  The Likeness by Tana French - I read the first book in this series last fall and liked it though I had some issues with the ending.  I've seen a number of bloggers I really trust give this one a super high rating so I'm looking forward to this one.

8.  The Child by Fiona Barton - Honestly I don't remember what this one is about but I remember really wanting to read it when it came out and that it sounded creepy so I figured this fall is the time to read it!

9.  Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge - I've been reading more cozies than police procedurals and I'm realizing that I missed the straightforward procedural!  This series looks good and since I already own the first one (no idea how - do books just show up in corners when I'm not looking?) I thought this would be a good one to try.

10. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - I've been wanting to read this for years and I have the movie version featuring Angela Lansbury recorded so this is the season to read it!  

What do you want to read this fall?

19 comments:

  1. Next month is going to be full of horror reads and this month has sharks, aliens and werewolf urban fantasy! That's going to make up my autumn tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I liked Seasons of Wonder but wasnt my favorite from the series. The Likeness was so good! Enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely liked The Last Boyfriend. I've only read it once, though, and it's not an all time favorite NR book. I have been meaning to read Sense and Sensibility for YEARS! I read part of it years and years ago but never finished. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is definitely the time for mystery reads, and books just a little darker in nature. I hope to get to The Picture of Dorian Gray this autumn also - next month in fact.

    Happy reading - and I hope you're able to enjoy all of these titles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list! I've got so many books I want to read this fall. Top of the list is Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a lover of S&S - Elinor Dashwood and I are so in sync. Ha! I also really liked THE LIKENESS. Hope you enjoy it as well. However, FAITHFUL PLACE (the one after that) is my favorite of her books so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE ONE IN A MILLION BOY is so-o-o-o good. I hope you think so too!
    I read these lists and I start to panic. There are so many books out there that I haven't even heard of and now I want to look into them. But my TBR is already over 100 books long. If I just read them it would take me over a year to finish the list without adding new titles (which I do all the time.) Eek! My Fall TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our intentions are always good to read our lists. :-) I haven't yet read Sense and Sensibility but hope to. I've read four Austen novels so far and eventually want to read them all. The Likeness is another one I need to get to. I hope you are able to read all of these--or even some. :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My TBR List is mostly thriller related, but I came across an old book of Nora Roberts and want to re-read her as well. Her older romance novels were pretty amazing. Hope all is well in your part of the world Katherine! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few of those are on my list too. I did read The Child and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Dorian Gray and Sense and Sensibility. Hope you enjoy them. I've been wanting to read something by Tana French. Happy fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love putting reading lists together but I never actually follow them :) I read The Child from your list. I figured out the mystery pretty early so it ended up being okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kind of want to try Sense & sensibility since I love the Emma Thompson movie version, and it makes me SO curious for the book! And I have cozies on my TBR going back a ways and really need to read some of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Tana French. Some of hers are better than others, but they're always good. I hope you enjoy THE LIKENESS and all your other picks.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I certainly vouch for One in a Million Boy, a surprising good read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have wanted to read One in a Million Boy for a while now. Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to look for it on Hoopla. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO many books on my TBR pile (just the way I like it!). I actually had downsized my fiction books at one point by 75%--donated most of them--and now am slowly building up my little "library" again. It feels good and solid, and makes me happy to have something(s) to look forward to. Hope you enjoy your own TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm one of those that likes S&S better than P&P, but my very favorite Austen is Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a Jane Austen on my TBR too because it is not properly Autumn without some Austen reading or rereading!

    ReplyDelete