Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Linkups - Mrs. Jeffries and the Three Wise Women















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
Do you like to finish one book before starting the next or do you read several at once?

My Answer:  I typically read several books at once but usually in different mediums.  I usually have at least one audio book, one print book, and one book on my Kindle all going at the same time.  If I'm finding a book heavy or to creepy to read before bed or something I might throw another book in.  As long as they're different enough I don't have trouble keeping track of what's what even if they're in the same genre.


I've seen the Mrs. Jeffries by Emily Brightwell series around since I started reading cozies but somehow I never managed to pick one up until now so I'm super excited to see what this series is all about.  The one I'm starting with is Mrs. Jeffries and the Three Wise Women.  While it seems crazy to be reading a holiday read this early I am enjoying seeing all the Christmas tie-ins.

The Beginning:
"That awful man is never going to be welcome in this house again," Abigail Chase muttered to her husband.

My Thoughts:
I wonder just why the man is so awful and what he did to get himself banned!

The 56:
"I needed a genius, Inspector, someone brilliant with numbers but also able to look at the whole company and help me determine its worth."

My Thoughts:
That's quite a list of requirements!

So what do you think?  Keep reading?  How many books do you usually have going once?

16 comments:

  1. I always have to finish one fiction book before I start on another, so I can devote myself totally to the book and get through it at a good speed. I might sometimes read a fiction and non fiction at the same time as I read NF slower and this is a good way to get something else productive done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not ever read any of the Mrs. Jeffries books, though I've heard good things. Not sure I'm quite ready for Christmas-themed books yet, even in mysteries. I'm still reading about the 'spooky' and will be until the end of October. As to more than one book at a time - well, I have one audio going and one print, either on my Kindle or an actual book. That's about it. And I often am doing a read/listen, which I am finding more and more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one book in the series (at the insistence of a friend who has been reading it for years). I liked it, but haven't been able to find the time to return to the series. Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do one book and one audio at a time. I can't do more than that! Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing a Christmas book making the rounds reminds me of just how close the holiday really is. I should get shopping! LOL
    I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually have three of four books going at once, often in different mediums, too. Right now I only have two going, no print versions which has me wondering which I should pick up next. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to have more than one book going at a time these days as well. Mrs. Jeffries and the Three Wise Women sounds like a good holiday read! I am trying to put off diving into my holiday reads just yet, but I have a feeling I will cave in soon. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been curious about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any books in this series, but it does look good. There are many Christmas books coming out now. It seems so early, but I do like the sound of this one and it's a nice cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was younger I'd always have several books going at once, but I've noticed as I get older I tend to finish one before starting the next. No idea why. I haven't tried multiple formats like you have, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great point about the books being different enough to keep them straight! I try to do the same when I have one physical book and one on audio going at the same time.

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it will live up to your expectations. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a bit too early for Christmas books for me, but I do love cozies. I usually have more than one book going at a time. Like you in different mediums. See what book Susan is featuring this week at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not quite ready for the Christmas season, but I hope you end up enjoying this read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely have an audiobook going now (thanks to Hoopla) with at least one, usually two, other books on my Kindle. I agree with needing a scary content palate cleanser before bed. Ha ha. 👻

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always have a audio and book to read going but I have started throwing in an additional book and it seems to be working. It is kind of nice switching things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete