2. Eight Cousins and 3. Jo's Boys both by Louisa May Alcott - I wasn't a big fan of Little Women but I loved these two. I reread them over and over again.
4. Four Story Mistake by Elizabeth Enright - I'm not sure how I ended up with this one and I didn't read anything else by the author until I was an adult but I loved this one. I loved all the adventures the Melendy kids had and it was one of the few books that made me wish I had siblings.
5. Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright - I loved all things ghostly as a kid and devoured so many books with ghostly plots but this one sticks out in my head because my teacher took it away for reading it at lunch (she was crazy - it took until I was an adult to fully realize this) and when I told my Dad what had happened he immediately took me to the library so I could check out a copy.
7. Belles on Their Toes by Frank B. Gilbreth Jr and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey - I loved Cheaper by the Dozen but I loved this sequel even more. Though I must admit that the mother's casual attitude about the girls' smoking completely blew my mind!
8. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - I was really resistant to reading this and in fact never tried it until after I saw the Disney movie with Megan Follows. Then I devoured the entire series in a weekend and have read it countless times since then.
9. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - I actually didn't get all through the Chronicles of Narnia until not that long ago but as a kid I loved this book so much!
10. These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder - I loved the whole Little House series but this one was my absolute favorite. I loved the bit of romance between Laura and Alonzo and read it so many times!
What were some of your childhood favorites?