Signs You Are In a Cozy Mystery:
2. You find yourself surrounded by a crowd of quirky retirees (it is acceptable to be one yourself) who have very complicated and active social lives, aren’t afraid to speak their mind, and tend to get suspected of murder.
3. You either own or work in a small business. Diners and junk stores are preferred but farmers markets, bakeries, bookstores, and boutiques are acceptable. You can also refinish furniture found at a junk store. Inns are also okay.
4. You have a relative with boundary issues who you are always doing crazy favors for or is always talking you in to running craft fairs or festivals. It can be a mother, grandmother, aunt, or sister but it is usually a woman.
5. You live in kind of waterfront town- any kind of water - but it must have lots of festivals.
Signs You Aren't in a Cozy Mystery
2. You live in a big city. Now this could come apart at any point (see #1 in Signs You Are) but for now you’re safe.
3. You don’t have pets. If you don’t have a dog, cat, or bird to discuss things with you’re probably okay.
4. You have no hobbies that require supplies and you don’t go to antique/junk stores. These kinds of stores are full of dead bodies so it’s best if you avoid them. TV is way safer.
5. You aren’t very nice. It seems that only nice people find bodies regularly and get periodically suspected of murdered. The only problem here is that if you’re not very nice that significantly increases your chance of being the body in cozy mystery land.
Do you read cozy mysteries? Do you agree or disagree with these? Any I need to add for next time?