Sunday, March 18, 2018

This Week in Reading - March 18


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

My mailbox was full this week but with all great books!  I can't wait to get started on these.

Queen Anne's Lace by Susan Wittig Albert 

Murder in the Bowery by Victoria Thompson

Wedding Cake Crumble by Jenn McKinlay

A Magical Match by Juliet Blackwell

Cinco de Murder by Rebecca Adler

Date with Malice by Julia Chapman

The Cottages on Silver Beach by RaeAnne Thayne



Currently:

Reading:  The Secret of Flirting by Sabrina Jeffries and The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley

Listening:  I finished Secrets of the Tulip Sisters by Susan Mallery this week and am about to start Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer.  I know nothing about it so it should be interesting.

Watching:  We discovered there was a season of The Great British Bake-Off on Netflix that we hadn't seen so we've been watching that.  I've also been watching the reboot of MacGyver which while the quality isn't great I find incredibly entertaining.

Off the Blog:

This week was a bit complicated.  Our internet went down again so I'm way behind on commenting though thankfully I was enough ahead that it didn't effect my post schedule.  It's fixed now I think but I'm on my last bit of patience with the company we use.  The only problem is that if I change companies I'll have to get a new DVR and I'm so behind on the shows I watch!  Small problems I know but annoying.  

It was also book fair week at school and I ended up volunteering to run a cash register for 3 days.  We have 2 days where parents come to lunch and then shop with the kid and 1 day where grandparents come.  Grandparent day especially is crazy busy and it essentially doubles the take from the rest of the week.  By the time I got home I had a crick in my neck, my feet hurt and I had a massive headache but it was a lot of fun and so good to see kids excited to get books and family so supportive.

Oh and I forgot all about Daylight Savings time until I woke up last Sunday morning and saw the time.  I'm not a morning person on the best of days and losing that hour of sleep made me want to cry though I do enjoy it being light out past 5 in the afternoon.

This coming week is kind of slow and next week is Spring Break.  We don't have any real plans other than to adjust to the time change though I am hoping to make a day trip or two.

On the Blog:

What Happened:


What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Ramblings from the Stacks : Books vs Author
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Spring TBR
Wednesday:  A Brush with Shadows - Historical Mystery Review
Thursday:  I Was Anastasia - Fiction Review
Friday: Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday: TBD

What are your plans this week?  Have a great week and happy reading!

28 comments:

  1. Very nice haul this week. And the book fair sounds fun. I suffered from the time change too. I guess it's worth it to get up in the dark if it gives us extra daylight time:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day (yesterday)!! I love bookish mail- it's the best (even if the kids are like Dad you got ANOTHER book???). Sorry to hear about the internet problems- we've had them sporadically too, no fun for sure. I'd love to find a new company but our choices are actually pretty limited.

    Have a great spring break, and enjoy the new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Daylight Savings but I hate forgetting even more - it feels muddled for the rest of the day. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when the clocks go forward too - we have that delight awaiting us next Sunday... Your internet problems sound utter misery - I hate it when that nonsense happens and I'm glad you've discovered a Great British Bake-off you haven't yet seen - I LOVE that programme. I'm currently watching the ones for Cancer Relief. Have a more restful week, Katherine:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul of books! We have book fair this week too but I am not volunteering. Sorry the internet went down too. I would not handle that well!!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice haul :) aw, sorry about your internet! We actually don't have the daylight savings yet - but we will in two weeks. Not looking forward to it. I just wish they abandoned the daylight savings thing in general. It's just no good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the time change gets me every time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great books!!! Happy reading!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. You received a lot of amazing books this week! I hope you enjoy them. I am getting back to life as usual. Lots of crazy stuff when the power went out for a week cause of the snow storm but things are almost back to their routine. Have a great week of reading!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book fair week sounds like lots of fun!
    The title Date With Malice caught my eye so I'm going to pick up this book when I see it.
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Cottages on Silver Beach is a title that reminds me of how much I enjoy this author...and need to catch up on her books.

    I hate when there are issues with TV/Internet...and I can relate to not wanting to change things when you have shows waiting to be viewed.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a very very busy week. My those incoming books look very readable for sure. Hope you are still enjoying The Pearl Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear bout the internet issues, we go through it sometimes up where we live. The book fair sounds like a lot of fun, but really busy too. Hope you have a a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How annoying about your internet issues and I totally understand not wanting to change the DVR. As you say, probably minor issues in 'real' life, but still - ha! I did that whole book fair thing when my daughter was in elementary school many years ago. I remember how tiring, but also fun it was. Good for you for getting involved. Have a good week and catch up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved being a cashier at book fair. It was fun. At the school where the younger had been overloaded to when we had first moved here, I would help set up and break down and after school during book fair week I'd drop by to help ring up customers. The girls would pick out their books and help open up plastic bags for bought books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love book mail. My hubby looks at me crazy when I jump for joy! Hope you have a great week and enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you got some fun books! I hope you'll enjoy them all! Have a wonderful day and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great books you have to look forward to. Enjoy them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Daylight Savings Time needs to not be a thing, ugh. I too am not a morning person and I always dread that lost hour How annoying with your internet! I hope all the problems are gone for good, because getting a tech out to do repairs is never a fun or easy task. I'm also a big fan of the Great British Bake-Off, so what a lovely surprise :D I especially like watching the masterclasses and trying the recipes myself- yum! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have spent some time behind the register at a book fair. I don't miss it :) Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your internet. You got a lot of great books this week. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank goodness you had some post already done. Great Book Haul.

    Happy Reading
    JoLee
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I would enjoy all of those books!! I had a great book week myself!!Great haul!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/stacking-shelves_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tried with the new MacGyver, but I just couldn't keep going with it... hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I volunteered at my son's book fairs, but I chose helping check and and organize the orders after they came in which much of it could be done done sitting down. Ha!

    I hate DST, too! It was getting lighter in the evenings anyway, and I hate it being dark out when I get up in the mornings. Ugh. Plus, that lost hour of sleep is cruelty. I agree with the plan where we set it in the middle by changing it only half an hour to make everyone happy, and just leave it there. :P

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I totally understand about the internet issues! I don't usually have any posts scheduled and this has me frustrated about posting. Hopefully you and I will both get things straight soon with the internet coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Fall time change is harder on me than the Spring one. I wish it would just stay on "Spring Time" all year long. I grabbed the new RaeAnne Thayne book the second I saw in on NG :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Look at all those lovely cozy mysteries! I seem to be more focused on fantasy at the moment (and romance, as always), but I'm trying to keep up with all my favorite cozy series at least. Sorry to hear about your internet--I hope things are finally sorted out with that, so you don't have to switch providers.

    Have a lovely week and enjoy Spring break. Maybe it will actually decide to be spring one of these days. It's been rather chilly up here, though some of the braver trees are in bloom, and so are my daffodils (or narcissi. I'm never quite sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry to hear you keep having internet issues - I bet that's annoying. It looks like a great bookish week though, what with the book mail and volunteering at the book fair. I hope you're having a lovely week, and enjoying whatever you may be reading.

    ReplyDelete