Friday, December 29, 2017
My Favorite New to Me Cozy Mysteries of 2017
I've always been a fan of cozy mysteries but 2017 has definitely been the Year of the Cozy for me. I've found so many that I absolutely loved and series that I'm really excited to continue. Here are 10 of my favorites from 2017.
2. Death Overdue by Allison Brook - This is the first in a series and one with a ridiculous potential. I mean there's a haunted library! Do I need to say more? This is another main character I really liked and a series I'm looking forward to continuing with.
3. A Fatal Collection by Mary Ellen Hughes - This is murder in a music box shop set in a town that specialized in shops that focus on collectibles. The only bad thing I can say about this one is that it makes me want to start collecting music boxes and I'm kind of out of space for any more collections!
4. A Murder for the Books by Victoria Gilbert - This another new series and another one with a librarian main character. I can never resist a mystery featuring a librarian! I loved that Amy actually does and enjoys research. I adored this one and am so excited to see what happens.
6. Booked 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton - This cozy series set in an Arizona retirement community started off strong with a cursed book and the 2nd was just as good. The characters are quirky but not silly and it love a cozy featuring a PI.
7. Occult and Battery by Lena Gregory - I couldn't resist this cozy featuring a fake psychic in Key West and I'm so glad I didn't! The 2nd book was fantastic and I'm looking forward to reading the 1st while I'm waiting for the 3rd.
8. Honey-Baked Homicide by Gayle Leeson - Do not read this cozy mystery series set in a cafe in small town Virginia on an empty stomach! The food descriptions had my mouth watering and the entertaining mystery kept me turning pages.
9. Seeds of Revenge by Wendy Tyson - I had read a book in another series by Tyson and really liked it but was surprised with just how much I had enjoyed this book set around a farm/cafe.
10. A Crime of Poison by Nancy Haddock - I love a good community in a cozy mystery and with the Silver Six this one had it in spades. I loved the main character's pets and her relationship with boyfriend/detective. This is another one I'm looking forward to catching up on while I wait for the next one.
Any cozies you fell in love with this year?