Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Ten Books about Food on My TBR
2. What She Ate: Six Remarkable Women and the Food that Tells Their Stories by Laura Shapiro - I love seeing what people ate over time. It tells so much of regular people history as well as showing insight into the person.
3. Eating for Beginners: An Education in the Pleasures of Food from Chefs, Farmers, and One Picky Kid by Melanie Rehak - This one intrigues me for two reasons. I love foodie books from all angles and I have a seriously picky kid.
4. Love, Loss, and What We Ate: A Memoir by Padma Lakshmi - I really enjoyed getting to know Padma on Top Chef and I've really enjoyed her cookbook. I'm looking forward to hearing more of her story through this book.
5. Two for the Road: Our Love Affair with American Food by Jane and Michael Stern - This book combines two of my very favorite things - road trips and food!
7. Fried Eggs with Chopsticks: One Woman's Hilarious Adventure into a Country and a Culture Not Her Own by Polly Evans - It's always fun to read about people a bit outside their comfort zone and this one has definitely caught my eye.
8. 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement by Jane Ziegelman - This one really intrigues me and is very much a regular people history through food. I'm really looking forward to this one.
9. Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at the Table by Nigel Slater - British cuisine doesn't really have the best reputation but I read a lot of books set in the UK and the food always sounds amazing.
10. 52 Loaves: One Man's Relentless Pursuit of Truth, Meaning and a Perfect Crust by William Alexander - I love a project book and this is a project book about bread! This is a must read for me!
What foodie books do you have on your TBR?