The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2014. There are so many authors I could put on this list! It's really hard to narrow this down to 10!
2. Sarah Morgan - I read the first book in Morgan's O'Neil series this summer and loved it! I've gone on to read the other 2 in the last few months and have really enjoyed them. Can't wait to see what you comes out with next!
3. Lynn Cahoon - I've read 2 in her Tourist Trap series this year and am halfway done with the 3rd one. I love finding a new cozy series!
4. Susan Vreeland - I don't think I've ever had such different feelings about a book than I did with Lissette's List. About 15% in I was ready to just DNF it because I didn't connect with it at all. A little while later I literally couldn't put it down. I ended up doing a read/listen to it because I didn't want to step away from the story. I'm really looking forward to reading more from her.
5. Sarah Jio - Goodnight June might have had the most contrived ending I've ever come across in adult fiction but I'm not sure I've ever loved an ending more. This is another author I'm really looking forward to reading more from.
7. Molly Harper - Better Homes and Hauntings was one of those books that was exactly what I wanted to read when I read it. I'm pretty new to paranormal and I've heard that this was one of her weaker books so I'm excited to read one of her better books!
8. Rachel Bertsche - I loved her book Jennifer, Gwyneth and Me. It was probably one of my favorite nonfiction books of the year and it was just fun!
9. Hannah Dennison - Murder at Honeychurch Hall was everything I think a cozy should be! I'm just hoping there are more to come.
10. Liz Trenow - Have you ever gone into a book with high expectations and the book actually lived up tot them? That was The Forgotten Seamstress for me.
I'm sure there are tons more new-to-me authors for this years but these are the ones that definitely stand out. Have you discovered any new authors this year?