The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year.
2. A Novel Cure by Ella Berthoud and Susan Elderkin - I saw the review for this on Bea's Book Nook and am intrigued. Have a cold? A broken heart? Jet lag? They have a book for that!
3. A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable - It's an apartment crowded with all kinds of old stuff and it's in Paris. Really that's all I need to know!
4. The Silent Sister by Dianne Chamberlain - I've seen so many good reviews for this one I can't even name all the blogs. It sounds like a great thriller and I could use a little darkness after all the fluffy Christmas romances I've been reading.
5. One More Thing by B.J. Novak - I loved and sometimes loved to hate Novak's character on The Office and I've loved every interview I've read of his. This book is high up on my wishlist!
7. Lives in Ruins: Archaeologists and the Seductive Lure of Human Rubble by Marilyn Johnson - If I could have any job in the world archaeology would be in the top 5. Since it's not exactly a hiring field I'd like to live vicariously through this book!
8. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain - I definitely have some introverted tendencies and my husband is right in the middle on the introvert camp. This one is high up on my wishlist!
9. Abandoned America by Matthew Christopher - I'm always fascinated by abandoned places and always want to know the story. Why places were abandoned the way they were. This coffee table type book looks like a fun one to flip through.
10. Marcus Off Duty: The Recipes I Cook at Home by Marcus Samuelsson - I've been fascinated by Marcus Samuelsson since I saw him compete on The Next Iron Chef and became even more interested when I read his memoir - Yes, Chef last summer. I'd love to try out some of his recipes.
What books do you want Santa to leave in your stocking?