Friday, October 25, 2013

The White Cottage Mystery by Margery Allingham - Review


The White Cottage Mystery by Margery Allingham

Rating: 2 Stars

Description:  When Jerry, the son of Chief Inspector Challenor, gives a pretty girl a ride home he doesn't expect much to come of it.  However, shortly after dropping the girl off he and his father end up back at the girl's home investigating a murder.  It'd be easier to list the people who didn't want to kill the murdered man then those who don't but Chief Inspector Challenor struggles on to find out what happened.

Genre: Mystery

My Impression:  The best I can say about this book was that I didn't dislike it.  It didn't particularly interest me but it wasn't a chore to read.  It helped that it was short.  Unfortunately, I found this book completely forgettable.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  I may try one of her Campion books but I'm not hunting one up anytime soon.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  No

No comments:

Post a Comment