Saturday, October 26, 2013

Spit, Scarey Ann, and Sweat Bees by Kathryn Tucker Windham - Review


Spit, Scarey Ann, and Sweat Bees by Kathryn Tucker Windham

Rating: 5 Stars

Description:  This is a short, prettily bound book that focuses on the superstitions that surrounded Kathryn Tucker Windham as she was growing up in a small Alabama town in the 1920s and 30s.

Genre: Memoir

My Impression:  I love Windham's books and this is no exception.  Reading this is a bit like sitting with my grandmother as she tells stories about her childhood.  Not sure how this would translate to people who didn't grow up in the south but for those that did there's a magical quality.  I was very excited to find a copy of this in a local bookstore and even more pleased that it contained mostly new to me stories and pictures.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  Always

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment