Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists. Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups! Today's topic is Books That Live in My Head Rent Free.
1. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery - Valency is one of those characters that just sticks with me even long after I put the book down.
2. Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie - When I think about Christie's books this one is the one that comes to mind most often for me. I love how she plotted it and really just everything about it.
3. Vanish with the Rose by Barbara Michaels - I'm not sure that this is my favorite Michaels book but it is the one that pups in my mind the most.
4. Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell - I last read this more than 20 years ago but I remember pretty much everything about it and it still gives me the creeps.
5. The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier - Anytime I see a bunch of birds on a powerline I think of this story. It makes the movie look like a children's cartoon.
6. Gone Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright - My only complaint about this book is that I didn't read it as a child. I love this visual of all the fading houses around Gone Away Lake.
7. The Case of William Smith by Patricia Wentworth - I love this story and it's one I get the urge to reread periodically.
8. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - Another one I get the urge to reread periodically. Last time I read the entire book in one sitting and enjoyed every minute of it.
9. Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan Henry - This is one that pops into my head frequently and it is also one of the books I recommend the most.
10. Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie - This is probably my favorite Christie. I love things involving restoring old houses so anytime that subject comes up I think of this book.
What books live in your head rent fee?



No comments:
Post a Comment