Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Year of the Projects - Clear Off My Shelf Project List

 

Last year was all about the series and while I really enjoyed that I felt like I was neglecting some other areas of my TBR.  So I decided to widen my focus a bit and came up with 4 different lists to read from.  This is the 10 books that make up my Clear Off My Shelves Challenge.


1.  The French House: An American Family, A Ruined Maison and the Village That Restored Them All by Don Wallace - I feel like I'm either going to absolutely love this one or DNF it.  I tend to not have any kind of in between on this kind of book.  

2.  The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan - Jenny Colgan is always a good read for me and this one sounds delightful.

3.  A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable - I love the sound of this premise but I read a book by this author in 2021 and didn't love it so I'm a little nervous going into this one.

4.  The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan - We visited the Biltmore years and years ago and I was absolutely fascinated by it.  I would love to learn more about the the people who lived there.  I know a bit about the Vanderbilts but not this specific part of it.

5.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis - This looks wonderful and really all of her books do so I'm excited to try this one.  I'm hoping I love it so I can pick up the rest of her books.  


6. Agatha Christie's Scecret Notebooks: Fifty Years of Mysteries in the Making by John Curran - I have had this one on my shelf for far too long and it is time for me to read it.

7.  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams - This one has been on my TBR for years.  I love Douglas Adams' sense of humor and this book looks like madness.

8.  Too Bad to Die by Francine Matthews - This is a mystery series involving Ian Fleming.  I love the James Bond books so I'm curious about this one.  

9. The Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor - I know nothing about this book but came across it at my used bookstore and thought it looked lovely.  When I saw it was the first in a series I couldn't resist it.

10. The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman - This book has been on my TBR since it came out and has been taking up a place on my shelf since around that same time.  I'm so excited to read it this year.

What books are on your shelf that you're hoping to read this year?


6 comments:

  1. The mother of Fiona Davis was in our book club when Fiona published her first book, so we Zoomed with her long ago, and then I met her in person when I went to BookExpo. She is a lovely person and a good writer. I do hope you will enjoy her book.

    I should create a shelf (bookcase?) of books that I need to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you will with this challenge! You've got some great reading ahead of you. The Invisible Library is one of my favorite series. And my husband really liked Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Someday I'll have to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the whole Invisible Library series and it's great. I hope you enjoy it. It's UF so not exactly a standalone though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm great idea. I like the sound of N0.1. I am waiting for the next Mure book by Jenny Colgan. It will be one that I buy I think. Hmm interesting about Michelle Gable, only read her once and wasn't that keen. Best thing is you give them a go and a DNF is always okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, I don't have a list but I do want to read more from my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, The Lions of Fifth Avenue, and The Invisible Library on my Kindle. I'll be looking out for what you think of them. 📚

    ReplyDelete